Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Good Saturday morning!
I knew Verve was coming out with a new release yesterday, but I have never followed along prior to the release. I would just wait and check the Verve store. Well, on SCS they posted all kinds of challenges where you could win stamps and goodies. I happened to stumble across the challenges yesterday afternoon and I whipped up this card quick; it worked for the color and sketch challenges. I was not a winner, but I still had fun playing and will definitely play along again nest time. I love a good challenge; especially the sketch ones!
It seems I rarely make a card without DP anymore, but as you can see this one has none. I just used the Cuttlebug snowflake folder to add some texture to the turquoise. The snowflakes are cut with Spellbinders dies and glittered up. The turquoise one was sponged with a bit of black before adding the glitter; I thought that might help it to blend in a bit better.
***Note: The snowflake looks off-kilter in the photo. It's not in real life, and I didn't notice it when I was taking the photo. I am wondering if it was the angle? Or maybe the edges were bent up too high is some places? I will have to remember to watch this next time.....***
Sentiment: Verve "Christmas in the Air"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: SU! Basic Gray, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, PTI Stamper's Select
Embellies: Wright's Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Doodlebug Glitter, Spare Parts Black Brad
Extras: Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Foam Tape
I am a person who does not like the cold, so my card reminds me to see the beauty now as well.... Children playing in the snow, the frost on the trees, the snow coming down heavy---those really are wonderful things!
Thanks for stopping; I hope you see some "wonderful" in your day!
Angela

8 comments:

Amy said...

Love the color combo--very pretty card!

Banu said...

Stunning card Angela. I really liked how you combined the two challenges together - the color and the sketch..I really liked these colors together for a holiday card. Might have to do it again.

Kathy said...

This is beautiful. I just love the color combination here, I'm definitely using it again, it's lovely. Love the embossed background and glittery snowflake, so pretty.

Rebecca said...

I love an embossed panel in place of some patterned paper. It looks really nice! Love the colors, too.

Susan said...

Gorgeous colors. Love this card! Those Verve release challenges are fun!!

Chris said...

very pretty! love the colors!!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, love the colors!

Jen said...

Love this card! It's beautiful and the colors and paper are yummy!