Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Friends to the End


Good morning!  We have a new challenge for you from Ruby's Rainbow; for this fortnight Denise has chosen our challenge and she would like to see "Pearls, Flowers, and Charms".  Hmmm, I do have to say that this was indeed a challenge for me!  I had to think "out of the box" a bit....

I went with a fun set from Doodle Pantry, Snowman Pile-Up; it includes line art, pre-colored images, sentiments, and DP...everything you need!  I went with a pre-colored image, a sentiment, and 2 of the DPs.  After printing the elements, I did a bit of layering and added my embellishments; a "flurry" of pearls for snow, a white felt "loopy bloom" flower embellished with a snowflake charm and pearl.  It was fun to see if I could make this challenge work for a winter card!  I also added some glitter to the image, but I didn't capture the sparkle with my photo...it is pretty in real life!

Stamp Set: Doodle Pantry Snowman Pile-up
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Stamper's Select and True Black, Doodle Pantry DP
Embellies: Recollections Pearls, Making Memories Snowflake, Doodlebug Glitter
Extras: MFT Loopy Bloom Die-namics Die/White Felt (my stash), Spellbinder's Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots

You can check out the rest of the DT's creations here.  I would love to see what you come up with using pearls, flowers, and charms!

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments Challenge: Any Sentiment
Clear it Out: Anything Goes, Add a Snowflake
Crafting When We Can: Winter
Paper Crafting Journey: Bling it Up
Party Time Tuesday: Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays: Winter Wonderland
Shopping Our Stash: Christmas or Winter (stash item: metal snowflake)
The Crazy Challenge: Snowy Winter
The Sweetest Thing: Sketch
Use it Tuesday: Anything Goes (hoarded items: metal snowflake, pearls)

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

16 comments:

Basslady said...

hun, your card makes me smile so much!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Helen said...

This is so cute, love it.

Hugs Helen P xx

~ginny said...

Pretty colors in the background papers Angela! I like the charm in the loopy flower too. Thanks for sharing your project in the “Any Sentiment” Challenge.
~ginny, DT for Aud Sentiments
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Amy A said...

Such a cute card Angela! Love the image, which you've colored beautifully! That loopy bloom is amazing with that snowflake. Love it! Thank you for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges this week for our "Winter" Challenge.

Amy~ DT

Blossom Cards said...

lovely christmas card thanks for sharing with use it tuesday this week Rachel DT

Linda Palmer said...

So cute!!! I love this snowmen. It is too sweet and fun. How funny, snowmen playing in the snow. Love your colors and your beautiful coloring.

Debbie said...

What a fun card!! I love your loopy bow!!

NickScrapShack said...

This is a wonderful Christmas card. I love the big fluffy flower and the colours and design just make this card outstanding!

Have a great week!
Nick

Pillan said...

Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
/Pillan

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is adorable. Love your design and the loopy bloom. Have a wonderful day!

Jessi Fogan said...

The snowflake bloom is totally the star here! Love it :)

Barbara Godden said...

What a cut e image and the sketch is great. Thanks for playing along with us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad for the ATG with a snowflake

Maria said...

What a FUN card...love those snowmen!:-)

Lisa Mensing said...

This is so cute! Love the papers and colors you used. The image is adorable. Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Angela, every time i see your cards, i think, "Oh, that's cute", and then i see something in your details that inspire me. :0)

Scrappy Chick said...

I love the image on your card, so fun! Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
Tracy