Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sock Monkey Santa


Hello!  I'm back again with a new sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.  We have a fun sponsor this week; one of my favorites...Bugaboo!

As I was looking through my images, I came across this fun monkey and just had to use him!  It's no secret that I love monkey images...and sock monkeys too...so this was a fun card to make.  The monkey is colored with pencils and I've added some glitter to his Santa hat and the stripes on the candy cane.  I paired the image with some fun and colorful DP and embellished simply with twill.

Image: Bugaboo Digital Stamps
Ink: Printer, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Stamper's Select and Pure Poppy, Doodlebug DP
Embellies: PTI Pure Poppy Twill, Martha Stewart Carrara Marble and Crystal Fine Glitters
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots

You can check out the sketch, challenge details and the DT's creations here.  Why not give the sketch a try?

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

CAS on Sunday: Winter Theme
Charisma Cardz: Christmas
Come and Get it Challenges: Anything Goes With a Twist...Use a Digi
Crafty Cardmakers: CAS

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

15 comments:

Jan said...

Fabulous card love the image xx Jan

Linda Palmer said...

I love that fun little sock monkey. Great job designing this card, so beautiful. Your coloring is always great.

Jenée said...

I had to smile when I saw your card. I've not been a big fan of the sock monkey dolls, but that image and your delightful card just may make me reconsider. Well done.

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card, I love these fun bright colours and the monkey is so cute.

Carol Willis said...

Wonderful card Angela. Love the image.
Hugs
Caz x

Debbie said...

I love sock monkeys!!!! This is sooooo cute!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Too cute! I love the perfect amount of sparkle :)

Kris B said...

Adorable card! Love the sock monkey and your designer paper! The glitter is a great finishing touch!

Melissa Craig said...

You're the only person I know that can make Sock Monkey adorable. They've scared the bejeezers out of me since I was a kid. Crazy! I know.

I love the bright colors, what fun paper!

Marie Richardson said...

such a fun cute card
Thanks for joining us this week over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (A Charisma Gal)
xxxx

Grandma Bonnie said...

Angela, i missed last week commenting on your card...it's so cute! I've made sock monkeys and this is such a fun memory!

Mariken said...

Love your card, really beautiful!!
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday.
Mariken xx

anja curvers said...

Great card, so funny.Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Anneke said...

Lovely! Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday challenge!

Janneke said...

What a great card!
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday