Tuesday, October 1, 2013

You're My Cup of Tea


Good morning...I have some fun news to share...I have accepted a position on the Flat Friends DT!  Of course I didn't hesitate when Emma invited me...I am tickled to work with her adorable images!  New challenges are posted on the 1st of the month and you have the month to play along.

This month we have an inspiration challenge; check out the photo:


Isn't she chic?  I love the splash of red!  I decided it would be fun to paper piece "You're My Cup of Tea"...isn't he adorable peering over the edge of the cup?  His head and part of the tea bag are popped up to add dimension.  (As I was fussy cutting those tiny hands, I wondered why I thought it was such a good idea?!  LOL  It was some tricky trimming!)  I love the layout from Fusion...it's clean lines work well with the stripes; I've added a handmade felt flower and leaf stick pins for embellishing.

Image: Flat Friends
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Pure Poppy and True Black, Fancy Pants Designs DP
Embellies: Handmade Felt Flower (PTI Pure Poppy Felt/MFT Royal Rose Die-namics Die/Bella Dot), Maya Road Stick Pins
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I hope you will check out the rest of the DT's lovely cards...we would love to have you play along too!

I am also entering this card in the Fusion: Sketch + Inspiration Photo challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

2 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Congrats again Angela. Wow, 3 new DT's. You are going to be busy but your can do it. Your cards always inspire me. This is a cute one!

Geri said...

What a nice card, Angela!!! Love the striking colors, your pretty embellishments and the way you've balanced everything out so nicely!!! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION!!!