Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mister Old Fart


Good morning!  Today I have a humorous card to share...featuring Bugaboo's Gus at his finest!  LOL  This was made for a friend from work who needed a card for a 90th birthday celebration.  This image/sentiment from my stash was a perfect fit...I hope the "birthday boy" enjoys it!

The sketch from Here Comes the Boys is from their last challenge...it was perfect.  Gus is colored with pencils...don't you love his bunny slippers?  I've done a lot of layering and added some mesh and ribbon for embellishing.

Image/Sentiment: Bugaboo
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI Orange Zest and Dark Chocolate, My Mind's Eye DP
Embellies: Brown Mesh, PTI Canyon Clay Satin Ribbon
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, PTI Number Dies, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks: Multiple Layers
Catch the Bug: BINGO (2 designer papers/orange/sentiment and ribbon/orange/player's choice (humor))
Crafty Ribbons: Anything Goes with Ribbon
Daring Cardmakers: Digital (image/sentiment)
Heck of a Challenge: Autumn Colors
Opus Gluei: Something For the Man in Your Life (this is made for a friend, for a man in her life)

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

12 comments:

Leanne said...

Omygosh Gus makes me smile, thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, awesome job! Way to go!
Leanne DT!
4CC!

Debbie said...

This made me LOL!! Love it! I can think of a few "old farts" that this would so appropriate for!

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE it! Perfect embellishments too - and Gus? Oh yes. lol!

Gretha said...

Love this gorgeous card Angela
Thanks for joining the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
x Gretha

Lozzy said...

What a great card..Hugs Lozzy x

Linda Palmer said...

Gus is way too cool! Love your card, love the sentiment and love the mesh. Great job on a fabulous card Angela.

Linda Palmer said...

Gus is way too cool! Love your card, love the sentiment and love the mesh. Great job on a fabulous card Angela.

Electra said...

What a wonderful image and what a terrific card! I love the "masculine" colours you have used and I can't imagine any man not loving this to bits! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Opus Gluei!

Unknown said...

What a clever card - it made me giggle with those bunny slippers...And the color scheme..thanks for the inspiration..

Alex H. said...

A great card.. what a funny image! And great colour choice! Thanks for joining us at HOA challenge!
;-) Alex H.

Rosemary said...

My husband was looking over my shoulder as I pulled this up - he's been offering his take on the Opus Gluei entries and he laughed as soon as he saw it. He noticed the bunny slippers immediately and so you have a male stamp of approval. I am sure the birthday boy loved it! It is so cute, colorful, and very lighthearted. beautiful design and use of color here! Thank you so much for coming back to participate in another of our challenges, I look forward to seeing your name pop up in the submittals!

Kathy said...

Love this Angela. Wow, 90, that is awesome. Love your colors and especially how you've added the number, makes it special!