Thursday, October 24, 2013

Faith



Hello!  I'm sharing another card, that I made for SCS HYCCT challenges; this one is for the "Many Colors of Cancer" challenge.  I chose black, which stands for melanoma.  For my card, I am using Doodle Pantry's Special Ribbons set; it has colored ribbons to represent the different kinds of cancer, matching DPs, and sentiments.  The sketch is from last week's Just Add Ink challenge.

I printed the word "Faith" on my background panel, rounded the corners and adhered it to a black card base.  The ribbon DP was matted and popped up with dimensionals to frame the word.  For embellishing, I've added a button and Swarovski flatback crystal.  The inside is lined with a white panel with the sentiment "It's not what we say that matters, It's what we DO!"

Sentiment: Doodle Pantry "Special Ribbons" Set
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI True Black, Doodle Pantry "Special Ribbons" DP
Embellies: PTI Button, Swarovski Flatback Crystal in "Black Diamond"
Extras: Corner Chomper, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos
 
My Mother was diagnosed with melanoma last spring; thankfully she is doing well as it was caught early.  It was such a surprise as she has not been one to be in the sun a lot; she noticed a "freckle" that didn't look quite right.  When the biopsy came back as melanoma, she underwent a wide excision biopsy.  Even though I'm a nurse, this was not something I was familiar with.  I was shocked at how big her incision was!  She now has to have full body screenings every 3 months; they also recommend her siblings and children be screened too.  This is a deadly form of cancer!  Please be proactive; wear sunscreen and examine your skin for changes.

Doodle Pantry is having a Wild West Sale through October 27; all western themed products are 30% off!  You can check out some awesome cards from the DT and the sale details here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

5 comments:

Imke said...

Angela, this is such a pretty CAS card ! You are really on the ball with the HYCCT challenges !

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely design and colours.xxx

Linda Palmer said...

Love this Angela. I did not know the different kinds of cancer had different colors so you taught me something. Thanks for sharing the card and the info.

Jessi Fogan said...

Thanks for the super important reminder, Angela. It really is important to be aware of our own bodies!
Love the perfect simplicity of your card :)

Unknown said...

That's really beautiful Angela. I'm so glad your mother is doing well. God Bless!