Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hang in there...

Hey there! I have a Christmas card to show you today. The sketch is from the Inspired Crafters challenge blog; a bunch of my PTI friends got together and hold weekely challenges. Most are scrapbooking, but there are a few card sketches thrown in as well. The idea is to get ahead on those Christmas cards for next year. The sketch this week was Jen's; check out her blog here.

I don't know about all of you, but I know that I tend to get a bit stressed out over the holidays. I try to do too much in too little time, so I thought the sentiment "Hang in there..." was appropriate.

Changito is colored with pencils/Goo Gone and embellished with a bit of glitter. The ornament is paper pieced and there is a touch of glitter on there as well. I love this Making Memories DP; it's fun and funky!

Image/Sentiment: Stampendous
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Vintage Cream, SU! Basic Black and Cranberry Crisp, Making Memories DP "Mistletoe" Collection
Embellies: PTI Vintage Cream Twill, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Polar Bear", Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter
Extras: Spellbinders Nestabilities, Foam Tape

I used white to stamp the image on and cream for the card base. I never used to mix the two, but I am finding that I like them mixed together. What do you think? Do you ever mix them, or do you go with one or the other?

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope your day is a great one!

Angela

10 comments:

Amy said...

Super cute!

Jen said...

I'm glad you like this sketch! That is the cutest Changito I've ever seen! Love your card!

Banu said...

ooh I loved this card Angela. Perfect Sentiment as well :)

Kathy said...

This is so cute Angela, perfect to send to someone who is feeling stressed around the holidays. I love that patterned paper, too. I never mixed cream and white before, but your's looks great, I'll have to give it a try.

Unknown said...

How cute!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love your little monkey and your card. You know, if you do one Christmas card a week, you'll have 52 by Christmas. Now that would make holiday time a lot less stressful!

Deb (dcorder) said...

This is cute! Love that number paper and the paper piecing of the ornament!

Rebecca said...

Changito with the big ornament..........so funny!!! Very cute. I've got to get my card supplies out and play along with this one.

Sheila said...

What a sweet card!! Love the colors. You totally rocked this sketch.

Art Glitter said...

How cute Angela, it's not too soon to think of Christmas again!
I put a link up on our Facebook wall. Thank you for the mention, sparkle on!

info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104