Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TMS#32: Wee Henry Cupid



Hello! Once I saw Melissa's sketch for this week, I had to get right to it! I bought a new digi stamp yesterday and was so excited to see that it would be perfect for this sketch.... I think "Wee Henry Cupid" from Hambo Stamps is just the cutest! He just makes me smile.... Is it the impish grin, his scraggly hair or his pudgy toes? Not sure, I just love him though!
I did have a bit of trouble with this card, though.... Henry is a digi image and was easy to resize and print; I had no trouble coloring him with Prismas/Goo Gone. The trouble came when I went to apply the glitter.... All went well with his red arrows, but when I got to his wings the ink bled. I really wasn't going for blue wings! They were supposed to be pristine white! Darn it! I'm a bit sad about this because I REALLY like glitter! No kidding! If anybody out there has any tips for me, please share them...thanks.
Digi Image: Hambo Stamps
Paper: G.P. White, PTI New Leaf and Dark Chocolate, Bo Bunny DP
Embellies: Bella Dots, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Polar Bear", Martha Stewart Crystal Ultra Fine Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Foam Tape
I hope to have some more Wee Henry cards for you soon!
Thanks for stopping by; have a great night!
Angela

11 comments:

Amy said...

Great card! I do have a suggestion about the ink, but you may not like it. You could try sprinkling embossing powder on as it comes out of the printer and heat embossing the ink.

Jessica G. said...

Too cute! Sweet, funny cupid and the blue tint to his wings looks great to me. Awesome DP, perfect for the holiday. You are way ahead of me with this sketch!!

Melissa Craig said...

I love it! The wings look fantastic. You're right the image is absolutely adorable.

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Deb (dcorder) said...

OMG! What a cute Cupid! He's sweet!

Laurie Marmon said...

Great take on the sketch and he goes perfectly with it, I agree. His wings look fine in your picture, but the only thing I can think of similar to what was already mentioned is just take your heat gun and make sure the ink is all set before you start, with or without embossing powder.

Imke said...

Everything fits great together. The DP is great and Henry is really cute !

Art Glitter said...

Really cute stamp! I put a link up on our Facebook wall. Thank you for the mention, sparkle on!

info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104

Chris said...

omg! he is too freaking cute!! love the toes!

Jen said...

Cute card! Love the little touches of glitter.

Rebecca said...

Even though you weren't going for blue wings, I really like them. And his little heart arrow all shimmery!!!

Banu said...

Really Cute Card. I love the way you use the glitter :) Very neat.