Sunday, February 28, 2010

All bummed out?


I made time to do the SCS Bella Sketch Challenge today. I love to play along with those; plus one of the participants wins $15 in Bella Bucks! What could be better than that?
As I was looking through my stamps, I came across this one and decided I would do some paper piecing too. I found this paper on a recent shopping trip and just fell in love with it; it's so dainty! I thought it would be perfect for baby jammies. I included a close up so you could see the texture.
I had a heck of a time figuring out what to use for an embellishment. I searched and searched for a certain flower punch and after I finally found it, I didn't like it. I punched a bunch of different flowers and nothing seemed right. I finally settled on this flower; it was only after I crumpled it up that it seemed to work.
Image/Sentiment: Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Melon Mambo and Garden Green, g.c.d studios DP
Embellies: SU! Sizzlits Dies "Floral Fusion" and "Little Leaves", Spare Parts Brad
Extras: Crayolas/Goo Gone, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Pearl"
I hope you had a great weekend!
Angela
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Melon Mambo and Garden Green, g.c.d studios DP
Embellies: SU! Sizzlits Dies Floral Fusion and Little Leaves, Spare Parts Brad
Extras: Crayolas/Goo Gone, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Pearl"

8 comments:

Chris said...

too freakin cute!!

Jen said...

So sweet! I love that the pj's match the background!

Rebecca said...

I can see why you like the paper....it so so perfect for baby jammies! I kind of miss the days of footed jammies at our house.

Kathy said...

Love this card Angela, this is one of my fave Bella stamps. I've never paperpieced it though, great idea. Your whole card looks fantastic.

Imke said...

Cute, cute , cute !!!

Larissa said...

Hi Angela! This is such a cute card! Very sweet image and the dp is so perfect for the jammies. I love the layout of your card.

Hugs,
Larissa

Banu said...

Cute Cute Cute!!! Really neat card and I loved the paper piercing.

Susan said...

Adorable!!! I've never seen this image before. I love how you paper pieced it. Love that dsp!