Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hebrews 11:1

Good Sunday morning to you!

My card today is a combination of 2 challenges:
1. Mojo Monday---sketch challenge; we could make a round or square card.
2. Tuesday Morning Sketches---color challenge; the colors were cream, brown and light orange. The suggestion was SU! Apricot Appeal; I took out a sheet and I just wasn't feeling it, so I opted for Groovy Guava instead.

This card was pretty simple; I went with a dot theme as the DP, the embossed CS and the butterfly all have varying sizes of dots. The butterfly is by Cuttlebug; first you use the die to cut the shape, then you have a choice of 4 folders to emboss with. I have had the set for a long time, but hadn't used it; it's really pretty neat. I embellished with some satin ribbon and Swarovski flatbacks.

Sentiment: Verve
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate, SU! Groovy Guava CS and DSP
Embellies: PTI Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon, Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Smokey Topaz"
Extras: Spellbinders Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Embossing Folder and Butterflies Cut and Emboss

I am still stuggling with the photo...contrast and all that good stuff.... I know what looks bad, but not always how to make it look good!

I hope you enjoy your Sunday!

Angela

3 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Your card is beautiful Angela! What a great Bible verse, too.

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jen A said...

Beautiful card! Love that verse!

Banu said...

Beautiful card Angela. If you craft light, try putting two lights on either side of the card, that might give you better lighting.