Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hebrews 11:1

Good Sunday morning to you!

My card today is a combination of 2 challenges:
1. Mojo Monday---sketch challenge; we could make a round or square card.
2. Tuesday Morning Sketches---color challenge; the colors were cream, brown and light orange. The suggestion was SU! Apricot Appeal; I took out a sheet and I just wasn't feeling it, so I opted for Groovy Guava instead.

This card was pretty simple; I went with a dot theme as the DP, the embossed CS and the butterfly all have varying sizes of dots. The butterfly is by Cuttlebug; first you use the die to cut the shape, then you have a choice of 4 folders to emboss with. I have had the set for a long time, but hadn't used it; it's really pretty neat. I embellished with some satin ribbon and Swarovski flatbacks.

Sentiment: Verve
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate, SU! Groovy Guava CS and DSP
Embellies: PTI Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon, Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Smokey Topaz"
Extras: Spellbinders Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Embossing Folder and Butterflies Cut and Emboss

I am still stuggling with the photo...contrast and all that good stuff.... I know what looks bad, but not always how to make it look good!

I hope you enjoy your Sunday!

Angela

3 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Your card is beautiful Angela! What a great Bible verse, too.

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jen said...

Beautiful card! Love that verse!

Banu said...

Beautiful card Angela. If you craft light, try putting two lights on either side of the card, that might give you better lighting.