Monday, February 15, 2010

CASE from SCS

Hello and happy Monday! Today I have a card that I CASE'd from the SCS gallery. I just fell in love with the simplicity of the card when I saw it; I knew I had to try and replicate it. I thought it was really classy and that it was easily adaptable to any occasion. I did tweak the card by changing the definition used, and I also used a different color of crystals for embellishment.

The definition was stamped on vellum. To avoid the appearance of glue behind the vellum, I left the edges a bit long and folded them over the white panel and adhered them into place before adhering it to the black panel. After adhering the black panel to the card, I placed a small amount of glue on the heart before sliding it into place. The crystals are Swarovski flatbacks in "Rose". I really love these; the have such a rich sparkle. I adhere them with either SU! Crystal Effects or Mono Multi (green lid). I know a lot of people prefer the crystals that come with sticky on them; what do you prefer?

Image: SU! Define Your Life
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, True Black, and Hibiscus Burst, The Paper Studio Vellum
Embellies: Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Rose"
Extras: Spellbinders Nestabilities

I'm glad you stopped by today! I hope your day is a good one!

Angela

6 comments:

Kathy said...

So elegant, I love it Angela. Pink and black are beautiful together. I just glue down my little swarvoskis the same way you do.

Chris said...

this is adorable, love the simplicity!!

Jen said...

Beautiful...so clean and simple and elegant!

Imke said...

It looks so elegant and i like the CAS Style.

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card! I love the simplicity, it is so pretty!

Banu said...

Gorgeous CAS Card. I like both type of crystals :)