Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sending you a smile...


Good morning!  It's Tuesday so that means we have a new sketch for you at Tuesday Morning Sketches; this week our sponsor is DRS Designs who let me pick this adorable image and sentiment.  Thank you, DRS Designs!

Here is a peek at this week's sketch:


I've colored the image with pencils; her eyes are enhanced with a black gel pen and I've added some bling to the flower in her hair.  I've embellished with a die cut hibiscus and a touch of glitter.

Image: DRS Designs
Ink: Printer, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: G.P. 110, SY! Tangerine Tango, PTI Dark Chocolate, Flair Designs and The Paper Studio Patterned Papers
Embellies: Doodlebug Glitter, MAMBI Bling
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Foam Tape

Please check out the rest of the DT's creations here, along with the challenge details.  Why not give the sketch a try?

Challenges entered:

Brown Sugar: Sea and Sand 
Cute Card Thursday: Fun in the Sun
Love to Create: Bright and Sunny
Make My Monday: Vacations
Use Your Stuff: Layers

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

14 comments:

Debbie said...

This hula pig is so cute!! Fun DP flower!

Joanna M. said...

Soo cute! I love piggie images!

Kris B said...

Adorable! Love the fun hula pig! Made me smile! Love how the flower embellishment matches the flower in the pig's hair!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Angela and this image definitely made me smile with it cuteness.

Anonymous said...

so adorable. I really love your colors! Great layers! Thanks for playing in our layer challenge at UYS and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Imke said...

This makes me smile :-)

Jessi Fogan said...

That face! lol! I love the fun summery papers & it totally made me smile :)

Marina said...

Fun and bright, this really captures the holiday mood. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

Jacqueline said...

A great card - thanks for joining in with us this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Sue - said...

Cute hula pig! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday

Shelia said...

This Hula Pig is one of my favorite images! She's just too cute! Great sentiment to pair with her too. You've colored her beautifully and I really like the dp you chose for the background!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Angela,

She's too cute for words!

You put a lot of tlc into coloring her, adorable. Someone will keep this displayed for a daily smile I'm sure.

Unknown said...

Such a FUN card sure to brighten up somebody's day! Thank you for joining our "Bright & Sunny" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh love this Hula Piggy!! Too cute and love your design with her!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create for our Bright and Sunny Challenge.
Hugs'
Jackie ~ LTC owner/designer