Saturday, July 12, 2014

Show Us Your Santa


Good morning!  Welcome to Bugaboo's 4th Annual Christmas in July Blog Hop; our theme for today is "Show Us Your Santa"!  Please join us for a week of fun challenges; not only can you get a head start on your Christmas cards, there are prizes!  It's a win-win!

If you have arrived from Jen's blog you are on the right track, if not you will want to click here so you won't miss her amazing Santa creation:



I went with Gus for my Santa creation...you can never go wrong with Gus!  The image is colored with pencils and I've embellished with die cut cookies and Bella Dots.

Note to self: Next time consider real cookies....  I've had the die in my stash for a long time, but had never used it.  I had no idea how tedious it would be to actually "make" the cookies!  Here's how it went: Die cut each cookie in 2 colors.  Remove "chocolate chip" from second die cut with tweezers and glue onto cookie, being careful to line it up "just so" while not squishing the glue all over.  Ooops!  The chocolate chips can be pushed through the cookie leaving a hole!  Hmmm, what to do?  I  decide I can rotate the cookie, so that the "chocolate chips" don't line up, and glue second die cut to the bottom of the first die cut.  Wait!  First I must trim around the die cut so you can't see it....  Yep, that's how it went!  After all that hard work I really needed a real cookie to reward myself, plus I think it would have been faster to whip up a batch from scratch!  LOL

Image: Bugaboo "Christmas Gus-Got Cookies?" Digital Stamp
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Real Red, PTI Dark Chocolate, Coordinations CS (cookie), Bella BLVD. Patterned Paper
Embellies: Bella Dots
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, QuicKutz Die, Foam Tape

Next up is Becky, click here to see her awesome Santa creation:


Challenges entered:

Addicted to Stamps: Holiday
Crafting By Designs: Use Die Cuts
Inky Chicks: Christmas in July
Jingle Belles: Shopping Our Stash (I've had the cookie die for years...first time using it.)
Shopping Our Stash: Christmas Card Using Something from Your Stash (I've had the cookie die for years...first time using it.)
Simply Create Too: Christmas in July

Remember to leave a comment at each stop on the hop...there are prizes involved!  Click here for the details.  One random commenter from my blog will win the image I have used today!  Enjoy the hop!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

46 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Angela-
Love the Gus image from Bugaboo and the cookies are sure an added treat to your card - thanks for the hop! have a blessed week! utb01@att.net

Bunny said...

There's that Gus again. You never know when he's going to be naughty. At least he's asking for the cookies and not stealing them from the cookie jar. Cute card. You did a good job on the cookies.

Melissa S. said...

Well all the hard work on the cookies paid off. The card looks great. I hope you had some cookies in the house so you could reward yourself. Good job.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Your Santa & choc chip cookies card turned out nice & yummy looking. I've had difficulties and wondered what was I thinking when I attempt something that ends up beign a lot of work. The reward is in how it turns out & yours turned out great. Does make me want choc chip cookies to munch on.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Tina said...

i just love gus..such a yummy card...very cute

Stephanie said...

Ha, Ha, love the cookies!

Pia S said...

I love Gus! And those die cut cookies look great, such a fun detail, perfect with the theme of your card!

Karen C said...

Super fun! Love those cookies!! Great card!!
Hugs,
Karen C

StampNScrapJunkie said...

How fun! The sentiment made me smile. xx
Ema

Cheryl First said...

Gus is totally rockin' this hop, Angela! Those paper cookies look good enough to eat! Fab job!

Leslie Hanna said...

I do love Gus! And I feel your pain with the chips in those cookies. *note to self: don't get that die!* Could you stack two, and leave the chips in the bottom one for support? Then you can stick the chips in the top one. But then the real ones do sound easier, ha!

Thanks for playing along with our SOS/JB bonus challenge!

Billie A said...

LOL I love Gus and the sentiment is perfect. Great Santa card and blog hop.

Jessi said...

This is so fun, it made me chuckle :)

Unknown said...

Brilliant card hun.

Love those cookies.

Great blog hop.

Traceyx

Renee B. said...

Gotta love Gus & pair him up with chocolate chip cookies & you have a real winner!

Virgo5 said...

I absolutely love the cookies with Gus, but sorry they were sch a pain, I can totally relate to your frustration!

deesdesigns said...

Love, Love your layout and those cookies...well they look good enough to eat :-) So fun to stop by...Your card definitely puts me in the mood for the holidays!

sgc said...

Such a cute card with that sentiment!

sweet art designs said...

That's a new take on leaving cookies for Santa! lol

Monica taylor said...

Great card. Love the cookies!

Cindy said...

Cute card. Love this image. And, yes--now I need a cookie...LOL :-)

Becky G said...

Great card, Angela. Isn't Gus the greatest? Love what you did with him.

misteejay said...

What a fun card - love it.
Toni xx

Imke said...

The cookies are fabulous. Great idea and i like Gus as Santa. Fun card.

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE this, Angela - and omg, I've so been there when you've got that idea, and then executing it makes you wonder WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF? but you can't stop because dangit, it's going to look awesome if I don't go insane. That said, OMG THOSE COOKIES! They look so cool!

Hazel said...

Lovely card. This is wonderful - I absolutely love Bugaboo Stamps (and their generous sponsorship for my CHNC challenges0 - loving this CIJ x

Margo said...

The cookies are adorable - worth the work!!

Alvina said...

I love your card, tfs.

Katie Melhus said...

The cookies are the perfect embellishment to this cute Santa - worth all the effort! Thanks for playing along with at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Cynthia said...

You gotta love Gus! The cookies look real enough to eat!

SmilynStef said...

Love those fun little cookies ... so very glad you shopped your stash with us at Jingle Belles.

Janice said...

Gorgeous Gus, lovely as ever! What a great card, Jx

Loll said...

Fabulous card ... love all the layers for the background - especially the green gingham! Gus is pretty cute and looks great in the Santa suit! The cookies looks awesome - so well worth the effort :) Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

Kim Heggins said...

This is so cute...I love your adorable Santa caught with the cookie jar in his hot little hands. so fun and so sweet. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

D- said...

What a great card. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty Hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

lauren bergold said...

beautiful job of coloring that super-cute image, and those amazing cookies really were worth all the trouble! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

Debi said...

Well, after all that trouble, I must say the cookies do look good on the card. You'd get grease stains from real cookies. A lot of my cards seem to be designed from crisis management too. A very fun Gus card.
TFS in the hop.
Hugs,
DebiB

Unknown said...

I love this card and the cookies finish it off perfectly...well worth all the misery you had to go through ;)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Tooooo cute. I have done several cards with this adorable Gus image. Still love it and love your take on it!

mulberry station said...

Even though it took you along time to make the cookies, it really adds a lot to your adorable card. Super cute! I love all your cards that you have posted so far for the blog hop.
Hugs, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Yummy cookies and super cool Santa, perfect combination for a fun card. Love it. thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

Dawn Frost said...

If I ever see that die cut cookie I'm staying away from them, lol! Love Gus and your cookies!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Great card! Love the cookies!

Tammy Miller said...

I love your card, I appreciate so much all you do for Bugaboo! Thanks for all your hard work in helping to make Bugaboo what it is! so glad to have you as a DT Member

Suze said...

I'm glad you persisted with the cookies as they look great. Just an idea - could you tape over the back of the first cookie so that the "bits" stay in place when you add the second cookie bits over the top?

Min said...

Mmmmmm, those cookies look GOOD!!! Great card Angela! Thanks so much for all your participation with the hop and all you do for Bugaboo! So glad to have you on the team!
1 3/4 hugs from Michigan!
Min