Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Need a hug?


Good morning sketch fans!  So sorry my post is up a bit late; I put in a 14 hour day yesterday and then had a treacherous drive home.  It is cold, cold, cold here!  I found my car coated with ice, which took awhile to clean...by the time I was done, my fingers were numb.  Then I hit the icy road for home and had to deal with blowing snow as well.  I was a bit into the drive and decided maybe it wasn't such a good idea, but had to keep going.  I was trying to keep pace with the semi in front of me so I wouldn't loose sight of his tail lights but was afraid to drive as fast as he was.  I finally made it to town and ran into the worst white-out of the trip...there is an open field...not good!  After showering and talking to hubby and the kids, I sat down...and fell asleep!  What a day!

Back to this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches sketch....  Debbie has chosen our sketch and Doodle Pantry is our sponsor.  I went with Vintage Bear and shabbied my card up a bit...I really do like using my distressing tool...there's just something fun about it!  LOL  I embellished simply with Swarovski flatbacks and a button.

Image/Sentiment: Doodle Pantry Vintage Bear
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI Raspberry Fizz and Smokey Shadow, Echo Park DP
Embellies: PTI Raspberry Fizz Button, Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Black Diamond", Gray Grosgrain Ribbon (my stash)
Extras: Spellbinder's Nestabilities, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

You can check out the rest of the DT's creations HERE, along with the challenge details...I hope you'll give the sketch a try!

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad you are safe! Sounds like an awful drive home!! My husband grew up in Davenport and we lived in a small town near there for a couple of years when we first got married. I never did get used to the wind blowing ALL the time!!

Your card is beautiful!! This bear is adorable and I really like the image slightly off the main panel!
I'd love to have a Distrezz It All but can't justify the price!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card, I love all the pink and the adorable bear.

Jessi Fogan said...

What a horrid day! I'm so glad you're safe. We live on a marsh, and driving on the highway there is often treacherous - quite often they close the highway during even moderate snowfall because the wind gusts over 100km/hr there on a NICE day!
I know I keep saying it, but honestly, every time I distress I try to channel you :) You make it look FABULOUS every time!

Kris B said...

Wonderful card Angela! Love the distressing with the vintage bear image! Is there any where in the country that is warm now? I think we may hit 20 here today, woohoo heat wave! Can't remember when the kids had a full day of school without a two hour delay.

Melissa Craig said...

Boy, ice is not what you want to deal with after working 14 hours!

Your card is adorable. That is a very sweet teddy.