Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Birthday, Chick!


Good morning!  I hope the winter weather hasn't hit too hard and that you're staying warm!  It is frigid here...no school today, so we'll be having some fun at home.  Does "Mom, I'm bored!" count as fun?  LOL

After a short holiday break, we are back with a new sketch at From the Heart Stamps...it's a fun one, so I hope you will give it a try!


.

It's the birth of a new year, so I decided to make a birthday card and went with Birdbrain Balloon.  I think maybe she's had too much cake!  How do I know?  That's what I look like when I've had too many cupcakes!  LOL  She's colored with pencils, and I've given her a bit of sparkly eye shadow along with a sparkly balloon.  I pulled some of my favorite papers from my stash (I've had them forever...I ration them!) and done some layering and embellished with some twill and a bunch of colorful buttons; yes, I do love buttons!  I like how bright and cheery this one turned out.

Image: From the Heart Stamps Birdbrain Balloon
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Bermuda Bay, PTI Dark Chocolate, Bella BLVD DP
Embellies: Art Glitter in "Angel Dust", Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, PTI Buttons/DMC Floss, PTI Dark Chocolate Twill
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestablities, EK Success 3D Dots

I hope you will check out the team's creations...there is an amazing line-up and they will surely inspire you to play along!  Don't forget that 1 lucky winner will receive a $5 voucher for Faith's store and all who enter will get $1 to spend.  What are you waiting for?  Get busy!

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

A Little Bit Crafty: Celebrate
Challenges 4 Everybody: Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz: Birthdays
Crafty Calendar: Let's Celebrate
Creative Knockouts: All That Glitters
Glitter n Sparkle: Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays: Party
Stamping Sensations: Ribbon, Buttons, and Bows (any or all of these elements)

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

17 comments:

Imke said...

Fabulous card, Angela. I totally like how you added the buttons. Love it !!

Mel said...

Great card, love the colors! I may use this for the challenge also.

Francesca said...

Very Pretty , I love the colours

Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations

Francesca x

Cat's sCrap said...

Absolutely fantastic ! I like the funny bird. Magnifcent papers and colours. Bravo ! Everything is perfect !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz in this period of birthday !

Best wishes for 2014 !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Larissa said...

Great card Angela! Love the funny image and the eyeshadow is so funny. The papers you used are perfect, love the candle paper.

Hugs,
Larissa

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card Angela. I love the papers, the colors, the darling image. Great sketch, great card.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Marie Richardson said...

I love this card its fun and colourful
Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (A Charisma Gal)
xxxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a gorgeous colourful fun creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
Xxxxx

Amy said...

That little bird is so cute--he looks like he had kind of a rough day. Great job!

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhh what a sweet card! just love the use of all those buttons great take on the sketch.

Thanks for joining us at Creative knockouts this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Jessi Fogan said...

"Mom I'm bored" ...ugh! Let's play the quiet game! Hopefully they aren't stuck at home too long!
I LOVE the way you added the buttons - so fun & funky! And that's totally how I look after too much cake :)

OlgaB said...

Such a cute image and love all the added buttons. Thank you for joining Glitter 'n Sparkle challenge.
Hugs from Africa.
Olga Dt G'nS

Unknown said...

Very pretty card. Nicely colored. Love this sketch. Thanks for playing at Glitter n Sparkle. Good luck. We hope to see you next challenge.

Liliya said...

You did a great job with the sketch! And I love all the bright colours! Very cute card! Thank you for joining Creative Knockouts Challenge! Lilia DT

pinky said...

This is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Eret said...

Angela, It looks fantastic! Love your fun card with colorful button cluster. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join us again in our new challenge.
Eret x