Friday, February 7, 2014

From the Heart Stamps Blog Hop


Good morning and welcome to our From the Heart Stamps February "Feel the Love" Blog Hop!  Today we are showcasing Valentines and love themed projects.

As you hop along, please leave a comment on each entry.  One lucky commenter will be selected on each DT member's blog to win the image they used.  In addition, one lucky commenter on the From the Heart Stamps blog will be selected to win a $5 gift voucher to the store.

If you have arrived from Guest Designer Vickie's blog, you are in the right place; if not you may want to go to the From the Heart Stamps blog so you won't miss anything.

Here is my card for today, using Birdbrain Conversation Hearts:


Isn't she just too darn cute?  My card didn't start out clean and simple; I had initially picked a sketch and some DPs, then colored the image to coordinate.  Well, I just wasn't loving it....  So I picked another DP and didn't really love that either....  I decided to go with the red card base and just let the adorable image shine...sometimes clean and simple is the way to go!  The image is colored with pencils and I've added some glitter accents.

Image: From the Heart Stamps Birdbrain Conversation Hearts Digital Image
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Pure Poppy
Ink: Printer
Embellies: Martha Stewart "Candy Apple" Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, Foam Tape

Now head on over to Dee's blog to see what cuteness she has created!

Thanks for hopping with us today; the hop will end Monday, February 10th at 6 a.m. EST.  Winners will be posted on Wednesday, February 12th.

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

Cards in Envy: Love is in the Air
Crafty Creations: For the Birds
Crafty Little Fairies: Love
Cute Card Thursday: Lots of Love
Cutie Pie Challenge: My Cutie Valentine
Kaboodles Doodles: Valentine
Little Red Wagon: Love

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

42 comments:

Imke said...

Wonderful CAS card, Angela and i totally like the glitter on "her" eyes.

Kayla said...

Beautiful simple card!

Tracie said...

What a cute card Angela. It turned out perfectly - even if it was the third try. LOL!

deesdesigns said...

Love how the image is the focal point of the card - I know what you mean about not being able to find the right paper to go with an image. I LOVE how you matted the image - Love that nestie, I just may need to get it myself :-) Beautifully colored too! Dee

Jo said...

Fab CAS card. Love the glitter eyeshadow! :)
I'm loving this image more every time I see it.
Jo xx

Unknown said...

I love this clean and simple card, the adorable digi shines!

Linda Palmer said...

Adorable card Angela. The image is so cute and love how you have colored it. Great CAS card.

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a cute card Angela!!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fabulous image and colours.xxx

Anonymous said...

Great card Angela! I agree sometimes CAS is actually harder though and you did it well!! Thanks for the inspiration!
lyn

Lola said...

That is such a CUTIE and your CAS layout is perfect.

Joanna M. said...

I had to zoom in (sorry, old eyes) but I fell in LOVE with the glitter on her eyes! Fantastic Angela

Jessica G. said...

I love this Birdbrain in heart bottoms and your CAS base is the perfect way to accent this cutie!

Sarah said...

Such an adorable card and perfect for our Cutie Valentine Challenge at The Cutie Pies. thanks ever so for sharing with us and Good Luck. Sarah-J

Sandy Trefger said...

Cute card! I love the conversation hearts and the bird! Thank you for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Unknown said...

Love this!! I love this image and I love the red on red clean and simple look. Amazing!

DebR said...

So cute! Awesome job....

Karen Howard said...

Less is definitely more, this is gorgeous! Hugs, Karen

Lori Turner said...

Awww...this image is so cute! I loved these candies as a kid!! I love your scallop border layer - great card! WTG

Tamie said...

Oh this image is super cute. I love your layout and the way you coloured this little guy. The way you did the eyes are totally rockin!

Thanks, hugs,
Tamie

Scrapenabler said...

Cute card, love your conversation hearts. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

Leanne said...

Pretty darn cute, great job with the colors. I used love those candies...best part of valentines day. Awesome blog hop!

Leanne said...

Pretty darn cute, great job with the colors. I used love those candies...best part of valentines day. Awesome blog hop!

Michelle Looi said...

Such a cute card! Lovely work there
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!
~Michelle

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhh really fab CAS layout! Really draws the eye to the awesome image!!!

Anonymous said...

I love a clean and simple card.
FANTASTIC!
em
http://emscraftcloset.wordpress.com

Darlene said...

Simple but cute!

Jennifer said...

VERY Cute! Love the eyelids!

Unknown said...

This really pretty! I really like you kept it simple. It really puts the focus on the image.

Mel said...

So cute, love her sparkle!

Blue Kube said...

Love what you've done with this...and you're right, this image shines on it's own...well, with a little help from glitter!

~ Barb said...

Love the eyeshadow, lol. Very cute!
{Hugs} Barb

wendipooh13 said...

what a super fun image!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy!

loulou said...

Fun card. This image is just so cute.

The Little Stamper said...

Such a sweet card and I love that image with the love hearts, which you have coloured so beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us CLF this week.

Sharon x

Catz said...

Clean and simple is the best way to go! I love it, she's just too darn cute!

Faith S. said...

LOVE the glittery red eyes and hearts! Super cute CAS layout! So cute!

Eemeli said...

Fabulous creation and the image is such a cutie! Love the lifted frame and cas red look.

And now it is my time to hop to the next stop :)

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli

Kathy said...

Adorable! Great coloring and the image really pops on the red background.

Jodi said...

Could that image get any cuter! LOVE it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Little REd Wagon!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

This is too CUTE and I love the simplicity of it, but the glitter on the eyelids..That is one terrific way to give this birdbrain a feminine touch!! Beautiful!!

Kelly L said...

Hey, Angela!! How you been, girl? I love the red card base, and I thought this bird was a boy with cute boxers ... love the glitter and eyelashes ... makes her pretty sweet! Hugs, Kel

P.S. - Swing on by my blog and say "hi" I am back at it again. <3 WishiniwasStampin.blogspot.com