Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I Heart You


I'm back with a new challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches.  To kick off the new year, we are having each designer pick a sketch for the first 7 challenges.  Since my name starts with "A",  I am up first!  I chose Sketch #190 from March 19th of last year.  I love that you can dress it up or down!


I decided to go clean and simple and used a new set from Doodle Pantry called Loving Critters. I printed a pre-colored image and some matching DP and went to work.  The image is die cut and mounted, then accented with glitter.  The banners are secured with red brads.

Image: Doodle Pantry "Loving Critters"
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Pure Poppy, Doodle Pantry Digital DP
Embellies: Spare Parts Brads, Art Glitter in "Angel Dust", Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter
Extras: Spellbinder's Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots

Do you ever get done with a project and think, "That just isn't right?"  Here's a peek at my first try...I decided the white card base just didn't work.  Isn't it amazing what a difference a little color makes?


I hope you will check out the rest of the DT's creations and challenge details, then play along!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Send a Smile 4 Kids: Valentines 4 Kids
The Crafter's Cafe: Animal Friends
Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

10 comments:

Jenée said...

That image is so, so cute! I'm going to have to check it out. My older daughter LUVs penguins so I know she'd adore a card made with this little fellow. I agree that the addition of the red really made the card POP! Good choice!

Linda Palmer said...

The image is so cute, love it and going shopping again. Love the sketch and what you did with this card. Beautiful job.

Basslady said...

a gorgeous and very lovely take on the sketch, hun!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Amy said...

Love both versions--fun and fabulous!

Kris B said...

Super cute Valentine card Angela! Great coloring! I like both versions, I am a slow card maker, so when it doesn't turn out the way I envision it (which happens a lot!) I usually don't have time to make another!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, this is super duper cute. Love the laytout!

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card Angela, this image so cute and I love the paper you used.

Debbie said...

Wow!! I love it with the red BG!! Sweet card!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love this penguin! And you are so right, the red really makes it pop!

Donna said...

I love the cute image Angela! Just an adorable card!