Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Life Happens Over Coffee


Good morning; I'm back with a new challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches!  This week Jessi has chosen her favorite sketch from last year and she is also our sponsor; it's also a judged challenge, so there is the additional twist of "Tone on Tone/Monochromatic".  Guess what you'll be playing for?  Jessi's amazing crocheted mats...in Valentine colors!  I am guessing you will want to play along (wink)!


I've made a shabby chic style card today...I thought it would go perfectly with the crocheted mat; I've done some distressing and paper piecing, then embellished with a flower and some mini brads.  Sometimes it's fun to go grubby!

Image/Sentiment: Verve "Better With You"
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber
Paper: SU! Blushing Bride, PTI Dark Chocolate, My Mind's Eye DP
Embellies: Prima Flower, Spare Parts Brads
Extras: Spellbinder's Nestabilities, Crochet Mat by Jessi Fogan, EK Success 3D Dots

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

Artistic Inspirations: Anything Goes/Feminine
Incy Wincy Designs: Add Texture

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

8 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Cute card Angela. Seems you are very busy cardmaking with a new card everyday. This one is great and I do love those doiley's. Great design and papers.

Debbie said...

I love this card!! It just needs to say "diet Coke" instead of coffee!! ;)

Carol Willis said...

Love this Angela, fab image and layout.
Hugs
Caz x

Jessi Fogan said...

Every time I pull out my distress tools I channel you! Or try to, at least. LOVE this!!

Kris B said...

Wonderful card Angela! Love the sentiment and the shabby/worn look! The flower and brads are a lovely accent!

MA-MI said...

Great crochet work! Thanks for sharing it with us at Artistic Inspirations this week and good luck with the challenge. Hugs Maja

Melissa Craig said...

I love life happening over coffee, it makes some things go down easier. Lovely card Angela.

Crafty Humphreys said...

Lovely card. Very apt sentiment and the crocheted mat is so clever. Thanks for joining in with the Artistic Inspirations Challenge. Suz xxx