Sunday, April 8, 2012

You "GoGo" Girl!


Good morning!  I have a fun card to share with you today....  Yesterday I was blurfing and my friend Kathleen had the most amazing card that I just had to CASE it.  (Check it out HERE)I loved both her image and layout, so I used those as a starting point and put my own twist on it.

I remembered this fun DP that I've had in my stash for a looong time...I thought the retro vibe was perfect for this image and couldn't wait to paper piece her dress!  As I was cutting it out, I really questioned my choice...the pieces are tiny!  The image is colored with pencils and I added some subtle glitter to her headband, belt, and boots.  I used some dies from The Cat's Pajamas for the border and the sentiment.  I added some (actually LOTS!) of Swarovski flatback crystals to "bling it up" a bit.

Image: Sassy Studio Designs Digital Stamp
Sentiment: Computer Generated
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Almost Amethyst and Poppy Parade, My Mind's Eye DP
Ink: SU! Black Marker
Embellies: Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Padparadscha", Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, The Cat's Pajamas CutUps Dies (Circus Border and Circus Panels), Dimensionals

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Cardmadfairy's Digi Days: Dies and/or Punches
Dare to be Sassy Thursday: Go for Broke (at least 2 DP and lots of embellies)
Desert Islands Crafters: Use 3 or More
1. humorous or punny sentiment
4. 2 or more patterned papers
9. punched or de cute embellishments
Digistamps 4 Joy: Glitter and Bling
Fairy Fun Fridays: Anything Goes
Kimbee's Creations: April Sketch
Moving Along With the Times: Va Va Voom!
The Poodles Parlour: Spots and Dots
Totally Paper Crafts: BINGO (diecut, lilac, glitter)

Thanks for stopping by; have a wonderful day!

Angela

24 comments:

Doreen said...

What a fabulous card,love the image.xxx

Amy said...

Groovy! Reminds me of the outfits my Barbies had when I was a kid!

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Angela, I love this groovy card. It has a great retro vibe. The patterned paper is perfect for this image. Thank you for joining us for the Sassy Studio Designs Dare to be Sassy Thursday Challenge this week.

Caz said...

Lovely card, thanx for joining us at Digistamps4joy, and good luck.

Caz x DG4J DT

Unknown said...

Angela suddenly Im back in the sixties and seventies....what a fab card well done I love it Hugs Elaine

Judith said...

What a fab card - straight out of the sixties! - love your papers, a lovely take on our sexy ladies challenge at MAWTT this week - good luck hugs judith x

Anonymous said...

The card is cool but please anyone tells me the meaning of what is written on the card, and why is it there?


Plastic Cards
Plastic Card Printing
Scratch Card

Jenn Borjeson said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Desert Islands Crafts Challenge! :) Not sure what the "Plastic Business Cards" problem is - how can you not understand "you go-go girl"? LOL

Jacq said...

Hi Angela,
This is simply Fabulous!!! Love that Fab image, the dps, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Chris said...

she is very sexy in her go-go boots!! groovy!

*Ang* said...

Funky card Angela! Great papers that match the perfectly. Wonderful card. Thank you for sharing at Desert Island Crafters. Hugs, Ang x

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE this Angela, that paper is meant for this image. Love all the bling you put on her, it's fabulous, and the sparkly boots are awesome. I love this, it's so fun and hip!

Oak Pond SC said...

OK this SOOO makes me wanna go to the disco! What a super, fun card. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts Challenge. Have a wonderful week! <3

Patricia Hays said...

You picked the perfect papers for the retro look and feel of the image! I'm glad you got some inspiration from my Desert Islands Craft Challenge itinerary!

Donelda said...

That designer paper is PERFECT for this dress!!!! Groooovy!!!!

happyglitzygirl said...

Lovely card, very retro, thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, blessings Hilde

DesignerDiva said...

oooh Groovy baby I love this! The paper piecing is perfect!
I'm really sorry I'm so late commenting this week, but thank you for sharing your card with us at MAWTT and I hope you will join us again soon
Hugs Laurie xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Angela :-) I love the image with the papers ,, very retro funky and FAB :-)

thanks for joining us at the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Kate said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. Thank you for joining us over Sassy Studio Designs DTBST.

Hugs,
Kate

Jenni said...

Love the sixties look, takes me right back - of course I was very young then you understand!! Great card, thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days this time, hope to see you again soon.
Jenni x

Larissa said...

Great card, so retro! All the bling around the sentiment is so perfect!

Jen Leeflang said...

I love the paper piecing!
Just perfect for a celebration! Thanks for entering our challenge at Digistamps 4 Joy.
love
Jen Leeflang
DS4J Design Team Lead

Star said...

Adorable! Beautiful paper piecing! Thank you for playing along with us at Digistamps 4 Joy!

xx Star

Unknown said...

Great paper piecing! Beautiful card!