Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Changito Rain


Good morning!  I was going through the list of challenges and picked a few to combine with this card.  As I was looking for an "uninked" stamp, I came across this cute Changito image.  I've had him for quite some time...can't believe he sat there unused!  Then I remembered this paper that I bought for a swap; I thought the stripes and raindrops would be perfect....  I added a few brads for "metal" and was on my way....

Changito is colored with pencils and accented with a black gel pen and a touch of glitter.  I used my corner rounder to add a bit of interest to the panels...I really need to remember to do this more often.  I finished the card with some white brads.  Only after I'd finished did I realize that I put the rain drop panel on upside down!  Ack!  A little "card surgery" and all is well!  LOL

Stamp: Stampendous
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: Gina K. Pure Luxury CS, SU! Crushed Curry, Piggy Tales DP
Embellies: Spare Parts Brads, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Corner Chomper, Spellbinders, Dimensionals

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Anything Goes
Catered Crop Recipe Swap: Brads
Corrosive Challenge: Heavy Metal
Craft Your Passion: Dots and Stripes
Fetch a Sketch: Sketch
Ladybug Crafts Ink: Spots and Stripes (I'm hoping the raindrops and brads count for "spots"!)
Oldie But A Goodie Challenge: April Showers (stamp and DP are the oldies)
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Paper and Such Design: Spring or Easter
Paper Pretties: April Showers Bring May Flowers
Pollycraft Monday Challenge: Water, Water Everywhere
Stamp and Create: Spring
The Crazy Challenge: Spring
There She Goes: Metal Embellishments
Use It Tuesday: Uninked Stamp (hoarded supply is the DP)

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

30 comments:

Doreen said...

Love your card.xxx

Joanna M. said...

Wow, I can't believe that you have an un-inked Changito stamp (especially THIS one, seriously cute!) I really liked this card.

Amy said...

So cute! Love those fun cheerful colors!

Angie said...

Great card fab colours. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly.
Angie x

Julie said...

Cute cute cute Angela!!! I love that monkey! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper and Such....hope to see you play along with us again!

Linda McClain said...

Angela! I love your card. It's so perfect for the challenge. It's amazing what just a few white brads will do. Your card is adorable. I'm so glad you found us at Catered Crop.

Jessica G. said...

Goodness, is this little changito ever a cutie! Perfect colors for his April showers -- awesome DP combo!!

Mary J said...

Oh Angela, how cute! I love this little fella and how you've framed him! Thanks for joining us at Pollycrafts Monday!

Mary J x

Crafty Math Chick said...

LOL, I love the funny expression on that monkey's face and I have always liked the look of white brads, so fresh & clean you know? Thanks for playing along with us at There She Goes - hope you will join us again!

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, fab papers and that image is just so cute... Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight.....

Julie said...

Your super cute card has put a great big grin on my face! love the "spots of rain" lol,I'm pleased you've shared it with the Ladybugs,it's brightened my evening! Julie.x

Linda Palmer said...

This is a darling card Angela. Love this Changito and love the papers you chose to use. The brads are the perfect touch.

Heather B said...

Cute!!!

Imke said...

Changito looks so happy in the rain ! Sweet card with beautiful paper. I remember i got a card kit from you with this paper.

Francesca said...

very beautiful
Thanks for joining us at oldie but a goodie challenge this fortnight and
good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Cathy Lee said...

Very sweet card. Love the cute image and awesome DPs. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges this week.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Unknown said...

Angela this is a fabulous fun card Iove it , great colours and I love the image Well done Hugs Elaine

mags said...

Great card Angela. The image is so cute and really made me smile. Such lovely colours too. Love the metal brads. Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenges.
Mags
x

DesignerDiva said...

Your little monkey is adorable!
Thanks for sharing with the Ladybugs this for Diane's Spots & Stripes and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fun.. fab colours
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but Goodie for my April showers challenge and the spots and stripes challenge at LCI
Lisa x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love your sweet image and fab colours, thanks for joining us at craft your passion, hugs, Sarah x

Sheena said...

A gorgeous rain inspired card! The colours work so well together! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week, Sheena xx

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Chris said...

another fabulous monkey card!!

Dorte said...

Sweet and cute image you have uesd on your lovely spring card.
hugs Dorte

Kathy said...

Love changito in the slicker and boots, he's adorable. Don't think I've seen him before. Wow, those papers are gorgeous, love the touch of gray in the striped one and the raindrops are so fun, too. This is just too cute.

Annette said...

What a fun and happy card!
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes!
Hugs Annette

Larissa said...

A very fun card. The raindrops design paper is so perfect for this image, you alwyas seem to have the most perfect design papers.

Tip Top said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for entering the Fetch A Sketch Challenge – hope you can join us again next time! Fetch A Sketch

Jenny said...

Brilliant use of the sketch! I love all those brads! Sounds like the kind of card surgery I do all the time! ;) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch. x