Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Creative Card Crew: Ribbon Challenge


Good morning!  It's time for another fun challenge from Creative Card Crew; this fortnight our sponsor is The Paper Shelter and the challenge is to use ribbon on your card. Sounds fun, right?!

The Paper Shelter gave me this adorable image to use...it's pre-colored!  I had the option of coloring myself, but the colors/coloring was amazing!  I simply printed the image, distressed the edges, matted it and adhered it to my card.  I added brads to three corners and a "ribbon blossom" to the other.


Have you ever made a "ribbon blossom"?  I never had, but I remembered seeing them in the past and thought it would be something fun to try other than just using a standard ribbon treatment.  I Googled and did a bit of research before trying mine.  I have to tell you, at first it appeared I had a "ribbon sneeze"!  Remember the dreaded "sticker sneeze" people used to refer to?  I had so many ribbons that I lost track of what I was trying to do!  LOL  I remembered that I would need to trim the ribbons and after the second "haircut", I thought it was presentable.  I was thankful for my old cosmetology skills!  This was fun to make and I will probably try one again.

Here's a close-up.  I used 2 pieces of 14 varied ribbons.  All kinds: grosgrain, seam binding, organdy, satin, etc.

Image: Paper Shelter Digital Stamp
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Fine Linen and Dark Chocolate
Embellies: Spare Parts Brads, Assorted Ribbons (my stash)
Extras: Making Memories Distressing Tool, Glue Dots

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

2 Sisters Challenge Blog: Digital Image
Bunny Zoe's Crafts: Ribbon or Twine
Sweet Stampin': Use more than 1 ribbon (14)

I hope you will head on over to the Creative Card Crew blog and check out the rest of the DT's creations.  Better yet, I would love to see your creative take on ribbon!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

11 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fabulous image and lovely colours.xxx

Linda Palmer said...

Your ribbon blossom is gorgeous and so is the card. I love their images and this one is just precious. Great job on a beautiful card.

Tracey T said...

Well you certainly used more than 1 ribbon! What a creative take on our challenge - the ribbon flower goes perfectly with the fabulous colours in your card. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Kathy said...

Cool ribbon blossom, never saw that before. It looks amazing with the image, too. Bright and fun.

Jenny said...

More than one ribbon!!! Fabulous. I must try and make one of these. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week Angela.

Dorcas said...

Such an adorable fun card! I'm so happy that you could join us at Bunny Zoes this month!

Wishcraft said...

Ooh what a great way to use ribbon - looks fabulous! Gorgeous image and colours too. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Lisa x

Natali said...

Oh Wow!!!! This ribbon flower just amazing!! and so gorgeous image you use for this card.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “More than 1 Ribbon” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

Amy said...

I love the ribbon flower! The haircut is perfect LOL!

Chris said...

love the ribbon blossom!! such an adorable image!!

Larissa said...

Oh wow that ribbon flower is really adorable! It would also make a nice decoration on a bag!