Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ruby's Rainbow: Neapolitan Chicks


Good morning!  It's time for another challenge from the ladies at Ruby's Rainbow!  For this fortnight, Silvi has chosen Brown and Pink +White/Cream.

I love these colors and immediately thought "neapolitan"...although I explored other ideas, I went with my original and got out my DeNami chicks.  They are colored with pencils, the eyes are dotted with a black gel pen and I used some Crystal Effects on the cherry.  The image is diecut with a Spellbinder's ribbon slide and attached to the card base with twill.  I did add a dimensional for a little extra "oomph".  Clean and simple, but I like how this one turned out.

Image: DeNami
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate, KI Memories DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Embellie: PTI Dark Chocolate Twill
Extras: Crayola Pencils, Spellbinders, SU! Crystal Effects, Dimensional

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Forever Friends Challenge Blog: Think Pink (must include a critter)
Ribbon Carousel Challenge: Anything Goes (must use something on a spool)

I hope you will play along with this fun color combo...I'd love to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

13 comments:

shaz earl said...

Yummy looking card Angela looks good enough to eat lol and i love that cute liyttle image great work Hugs Shaz x

Doreen said...

What a fabulous card,love it.xxx

Basslady said...

hun, this card makes me smile at once!
absolutely funny and delicious!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Unknown said...

Angela this is lovely well done , love those sundea chicks , Hugs Elaine

Jessica G. said...

This card really made me smile -- love those Neapolitan chicks! What a fun idea to stamp them on the ribbon slider and the DP is the perfect accompaniment!!

jackiescrafts said...

What a lovely card, that ice cream looks good enough to eat
Jackie x

Kathy said...

This is adorable. Love the ribbon slide with the image on it, brilliant. The background paper is wonderful, too.

sentsue said...

Love the chicks. So cute on that little ribbon slide. We are well and hope you guys are too!

Imke said...

Great CAS card, Angela. The little chicks are super cute and i like it how you put them on the ribbon slide.

Cheryl said...

This is so stinkin' cute! I love that tiny little image and leaving the dp to speak for itself is brilliant. Great card!

Amy said...

Now this is a really great idea! I wonder if I have any small narrow stamps that would work for this...hmmm...

Chris said...

love the image on the ribbon slide, very cool idea!!

Larissa said...

Oh wow what a great idea to use such a small image. It is perfet like this.