Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TMS#120

Good morning! It's time for another fun sketch at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog. Our sponsor this week is The Stamping Boutique. This week is the monthly Judged Challenge; in addition to the sketch, there is the added challenge of "giving thanks". So pull out your stamps and create a thank you card...you just may win a prize!

I tell you, I had a hard time coming up with a plan this week. I changed my mind a few timesbut when I came across this DP, I knew I wanted to use it. It's a unique color combination, but I like it! I paired it with some dies and simple stamps, then finished it off with a bit of bling.

Stamps: PTI "It's Official" and "Take Three Spring"
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist and Smokey Shadow, SU! More Mustard and Sahara Sand, Prima DP
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, SU! Sahara Sand
Embellies: PTI Ocean Tides Button, Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Topaz" and "Black Diamond"
Extras: PTI Felt, Ocean Tides and Smokey Shadow, The Cat's Pajamas Felt (mustard), PTI Scallop Edge Die and Dressform Die, Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish Die, MFT Die-namics Rolled Flower Die, The Cat's Pajamas Cut-Ups Button Flower Die (leaves)

I hope you'll visit the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to see the DT's beautiful creations...I can't wait to see them myself!

Thanks for stopping by; have a great day!

Angela

12 comments:

Amy said...

What a lovely card Angela! I love the vines swirling around the library card image. And that DP is so pretty--one of my fave color combos.

Donelda said...

Yup, love that designer paper! I can see why you changed your mind for it!! and your rolled flower is devine!! Especilly like that vine climbing all over your focal image!!

Linda Palmer said...

This is such a pretty design. Love that gorgeous rolled flower and the dress form. Great job on a beautiful card.

Dawn said...

So pretty Angela! The color combination is yummy and I love those swirls!

Margaret said...

Lovely card. The swirls really pull it all together
Margaret xx

Jessica G. said...

Very elegant color combo, Angela! Fun spin on the sketch -- awesome way to showcase those wonderful felt die cuts!!

Marie said...

So glad you came up with this delightful card. The color combo is fantastic, and the different textures add so much interest to the card.

Imke said...

Angela, i´m totally thrilled !! It´s an amazing card - i love everything. The colors are perfect and how you used the different dies-just great !

Kathy said...

This is so cool. Such a brilliant color combo here, it is unique and beautiful. I've been resisting the dress form die, but you and Imke have swayed me! Really lovely texture with the felt, too.

Debbie said...

This card is just beautiful!! Love the colors and paper!

Larissa said...

Wow this is really a unsual colour combination, but I think it is gorgeous too! Lobe your felt rolled flower, so lovely!

Chris said...

gorgeous!~ love the dress form cut on this!