Thursday, June 2, 2011

Noah's Baptism Card

Hello! Today I have a card I made for a co-worker; this is for her great nephew's baptism. Her only request was that it have his name on the card. Well, that was pretty simple...I like it that way!

The layout is from a card I previously made using this Verve set, but that card was for a little gal and was made with pink and white. I didn't have a great match for the blue in the DP, so I decided to use dark gray (it looks more black-ish in the photos) to mat the panels. I tell you, I fiddled around with buttons and assorted ribbons, but decided to leave this one a bit more plain. The more I look at it, the more it grows on me; I do like that you can read a lot of the words in the DP, which I love. I am just hoping my co-worker likes it too!

Image: Verve "Practically Perfect"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Smokey Shadow, Pebbles DP
Embellies: Alphabet Beads (Hobby Lobby)
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, The Paper Company Sticky Doos

Tips and Tricks:
I wanted the words in the DP to match up, but didn't want to waste paper. I put the dies onto my DP and measured to make sure they were just right, then held them in place with a bit of painter's tape before running the paper through the Cuttlebug. I had to be careful and get it precise because the narrow scalloped border left no wiggle room. One other thing to mention if you try this trick is to only run the paper through as far the die (then roll backwards), otherwise the paper can wrinkle.... Then you have to press it out with a bone folder.... Don't ask me how I know...I just do!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Angela

3 comments:

Kathy said...

This is so sweet. Love the Verve bunny, and thanks for the tip on lining up the words, great way to not waste a whole new sheet! Your friend will love this!

Linda Palmer said...

Angela, this is so sweet and beautiful. Love the coloring on the rabbit and such a fantastic layout.

Chris said...

this is adorable!!