Tuesday, May 31, 2011

TMS#96

Good Tuesday morning! I hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day holiday and were able to spend some time with your loved ones. My Dad is a veteran, so he was in a parade...he has been every year for as long as I can remember. I always get tears in my eyes as he marches by.... Thanks to all veterans who have served; and thanks to those who serve their country now.

As you know, Tuesdays mean another sketch from Melissa at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I tell you...her sketches have stumped me lately! I decided to go with a clean and simple approach this week. I used some DP from the girls' paperie (one of my new favorite companies...love the vintage flair), some sponging, and simple embellishing. The sentiment is stamped on vellum, then adhered to the paper. I got out the supplies to make my own flower embellie, but then remembered these Prima roses in my stash...I thought the size was perfect.

Sentiment: Stampabilities
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber
Paper: PTI Fine Linen, the girls' paperie DP, The Paper Studio Vellum
Embellies: PTI Dark Chocolate Twill, Prima Rose, Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Smoked Topaz"

Tips and Tricks:
Often you can see the adhesive when using vellum, so I like to use small embellishments in the corners of my project to cover it. I simply place a tiny dot of adhesive between the paper and vellum, then add another tiny dot to the top and cover it with my embellie.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the DT has done with this tricky sketch! I hope you will visit the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to check them out too!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Angela

10 comments:

Amy said...

Very pretty! Great sketch for showing off DP. Love all the sponging and the way you did your ribbon!

Theresa said...

Angela - this sketch stumped me too!! You did a fantastic job on this. Loving that DP.

Imke said...

I want to play this week-but this sketch is a real challenge for me :-) LOL Well, let´s see...

You did a perfect job with it ! I like how you split it with the ribbon. Great idea to use no image stamp. Beautiful card !!

Anonymous said...

Angela! This is a total stunner! I love the layout and the colors. Absolutely perfect.

Kathy said...

Perfect Angela! Great way to show that lovely dsp, brilliant take on this difficult sketch. Love what you've done with it!

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful take on the sketch Angela! Love how you used designer papers and sentiment for your main shapes of the sketch!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome take on this sketch, Angela! It's perfect for showcasing the beautiful DPs and elegant sentiment!!

Larissa said...

Great card my friend! I can understand that you were stumped about this sketch, but card is still fabulous!

PS Yes: start stalking the mailman (poor guy) ;)

Melissa Craig said...

You did a great job with the sketch. I love the paper that you used.

Chris said...

love the shapes on this!! very cool!!