Wednesday, May 18, 2011

April Image Swap Card

Good morning! Today I have the card I made for the monthly image challenge I am in; notice it says April...I am a bit behind! A bunch of friends on SCS takes turns mailing out the image for the month, then we all make a card with it and post it. It's really fun to see what everyone creates. Our April image came from Joanna. The June image just arrived, so I really need to get going with my May card....
I used Jen del Muro's May SFYTT; love her sketches! The image is colored with Prismas and the eyes are dotted with a black gel pen. Instead of matting the layers, I sponged the DP since I was going for a shabby chic look. The rose is handmade with a MFT die; the edges of the felt were sponged before I assembled it (in real life the rose matches the ribbon on the bear...I don't know why the colors look off in the photo). I finished it off with some crocheted lace, ribbon, stickpins and a pearl.
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: PTI Kraft and Dark Chocolate, the girls' paperie DP
Embellies: SU! Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Wright's Crocheted Lace, Maya Road Stickpins, The Paper Studio Pearl
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, MFT Die-namics Rolled Rose Die, PTI Blueberry Sky Felt, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos
April down...May to go! Stay tuned....
Thanks for stopping by!
Angela

5 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

I love your card. so cute, sweet and beautiful coloring. Great dp and love, love, love the flower.

Amy said...

What a darling little girl! And great card. Sounds like a fun swap--may have to check it out.

Theresa said...

Angela - this card is just beautiful. I love the layout and the colors not to mention the darling little girl. Fabulous!!

Chris said...

what an adorable card! love the lo!

Larissa said...

A very sweet card my friend! That felt rose is so sweet. I love how you coloured the images. The image is really sweet.