Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's Tuesday Morning Sketches time!


Good morning! This week marks the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog's 1 year anniversary! We will be celebrating all month and Melissa has some fun things planned, including blog candy! The blog also has a new look, so you will want to check that out right away!
This is week #53 and our sponsors are Melissa and Whimsie Doodles. We didn't have a particular sketch for the week, it was "anything goes", so we got to choose from past sketches. I choose week #43 which is pictured above. The last time I used this sketch I flipped it...this time I kept it horizontal.
This card also works for the Stampendous challenge this week which is also "anything goes". My stamp of choice would pretty much always be Changito!
I had my heart set on using this cute little Changito ballet dancer. Isn't she just a hoot? I thought it would be fun to paper piece her outfit. I love this paper from g.c.d studios, it has the prettiest distressed stripes on the flip side. I had originally planned to use the stripes as the background, but it just didn't look "right" when I was putting the card together. So I just flipped the piece of paper over and used the floral. Problem solved!
Changito is colored with pencils before adhering her outfit. I used a Nestabilitie die to cut the circles for the border and the sentiment panel. The image panel is elevated with 3D Dots and the card is embellished simply with 3 Bella Baubles. I like how this one turned out; working with Changito always makes me happy!
Image: Stampendous
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Melon Mambo, and g.c.d. studios DP
Embellie: Bella Baubles
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots
I hope you like my Changito card and I hope you will head over to the
Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to check out the other DT's cards...last, I hope you will play along with us! We also have a couple of guest designers this week. Links are in my sidebar for the DT's blogs.
I hope you had a fun and safe 4th of July. We actually had our parade Monday, followed by a much anticipated trip to the carnival for the kids. Time spent at the carnival was cut short though, since the ride didn't agree with one of the other passengers on the ride. He ended up having an "accident" on DS..... Ack! Let's just say he was very disgruntled to have to come home early and shower.... Poor kid!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Tuesday!
Angela

10 comments:

Susan said...

What a sweet card!! I too love that dsp. Love your scallops, great idea!!

Theresa said...

Your Changito is cute...I love the dress! I think your DP is a fabulous choice.

Theresa

Amy said...

Super cute card, Angela! I love her paper pieced tu-tu!

Melissa Craig said...

This is absolutely adorable Angela! I love the pink and the Changito is too cute!!

Kathy said...

This tutu is so stinkin' cute. Love how it looks paper pieced. That is the perfect small floral pattern for piecing. Changito makes me happy, too!

Larissa said...

Hi Angela, this is such a cute card! I love the ballerina changito and i love the little dress you gave her, so adorable! The dp is so very cute!. Love the little flowers.

Barb said...

Just Darliing!!!

Susan said...

She is so cute! I love what you did with the sketch. And that dsp is one of my faves!!

Chrissy said...

What a cute little monkey!

Banu said...

Angela, this card is just way too cute. Loved it.