Sunday, March 14, 2010

TCP Color Challenge

To celebrate The Cat's Pajamas 100th week of challenges, there were 4 special challenges this week. This card works for Joanne's color challenge which was to use Kraft, Celery, Saffron, and Pumpkin. See Joanne's blog post here.

My DP has a few extra colors in it, but I thought it worked well anyway. I colored my image using the challenge colors. The stamp set "Spring Fling" has the cutest little carrot stamp; I used it to make the carrot DP, by stamping on Kraft and coloring the images in. I like how it turned out!

Image: The Cat's Pajamas "Spring Fling"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Kraft, SU! Pumpkin Pie, KI Memories DP
Embellies: PTI Orange Zest GrosgrainRibbon, Pewter Carrot Charm (my stash)
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, DMC Floss, Foam Tape

I learned something while making this card: Don't be too stingy! I try to avoid waste whenever I can, so often times I have a heck of a time when I tie my ribbon. Today I didn't cut enough to knot the ribbon; the wider it is, the more you need to tie the knot. Well, I was unhappy with the knot...so I untied it. It was wrinkled...I attempted to iron it (keep in mind it was attached to the card at this point). The iron was too hot...the ribbon melted. I cut off the melted part...what now? LOL (I wasn't laughing at the time!) I ended up gathering the ribbon with a needle and floss, and then added the charm. I do like how it turned out, even if I took a roundabout way to get it done....

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your story about the ribbon is really making me smile! I often cut my ribbon too short and then wonder why I do that all the time! It is frustrating, to say the least. Love the colors in this dp, and the carrot car is so fun!

Chris said...

i love this image, what a fun card!!

Kathy said...

This is so sweet. Your home made carrot dsp is the cutest thing ever. I know what you mean about the ribbon, I either waste it or cut it too short. Not good at measuring or estimating. I love how you stitched it together and added a charm, looks great.