Monday, June 29, 2015

Birdbrain Balloon


Good morning!  I have a card to share using the newest From the Heart Stamps sketch...#113.  It is a fun sketch for sure, but I had a bit of trouble with the diamond panels...you should see all the "scraps" on my table!  LOL  I think perhaps, somehow, I was making it harder than it should have been....  (I should probably mention that I also spilled the bottle of Goo Gone all over the image as I was coloring it...I had to throw the whole sheet of images away...ugh!)  Here's the sketch:


I choose the adorable "Birdbrain Balloon"...I love coloring the Birdbrains!  (As I was coloring today, I realized I have a "thing" for chicks, chickens, etc.)  Of course I had to add a bit of glittery eye shadow...just because I can't resist!  I wanted the diamond panels to be subtle, so I used vellum and adhered it with mini brads.  I like how this one turned out!

Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Melon Mambo, PTI Dark Chocolate, Bella Blvd. Patterned Paper, The Paper Studio Vellum
Embellies: Spare Parts Brads, Martha Stewart "Lemon Drop" Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone

Please check out the rest of the DT's creations here, along with the challenge details.  This sketch will run through July 26th since the DT will be on "summer vacation".  We do hope you will play along with the sketch and come back for our Blog Hop on Friday!

Challenges entered:

Come and Get It Challenges: Cute Cards
Creative Corner: Happy Birthday

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

3 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Very cute card. Nice interpretation of the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

Cynthia said...

Love your colorful take on this week's sketch, Angela! The vellum panels were a great idea. Sweet image as well....

Theng Creation said...

Cute card :-) Thank you for joining us in CCC.
Hugs from Therese, Creative Corner DT