Friday, May 2, 2014

From the Heart Stamps May Blog Hop


Good morning!  Welcome to the From the Heart Stamps May Blog Hop!  Our theme for the month is "Get Well" or "Encouragement"...stay tuned for some great inspiration!

As you hop along, please leave a comment on each entry.  One random commentor on each blog will be selected to win the image that the designer used for their project.  Plus, one commentor on the From the Heart Stamps blog will be selected to win a $5 gift voucher to the store.

If you have arrived from Jo's blog, then you are in the right place.  If not, you may want to start at the From the Heart Stamps blog so you don't miss anything.

Here is my project, using Sick Chick:


I thought it would be fun to make something other than a card, so I went with a little gift basket...or cup!  LOL  The Birdbrain is colored with pencils and I've added some buttons for embellishing.  To attach the image to the cup, I adhered a thin strip of cardstock and wrapped it around the mug.  Inside the mug I included some tea, honey, tissues, and lip balm...I also bought a lemon but ran out of room even though the mug is giant.  I tied the sentiment tag around the lip balm with floss.

Image: From the Heart Stamps "Sick Chick" Digital Image
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Ruby Red
Embellies: PTI Buttons/DMC Buttonhole Floss
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities

Now head on over to Calypso's blog to see her fabulous creation!

Thank you for hopping with us today.  The hop will end Monday, May 5 at 6 a.m. EST.  Winners will be posted on From the Heart Stamps blog on Wednesday, May 7.

Challenges entered:

Crafty Creations: Anything But a Card
Crafty Girls: Anything Goes
Digi Galore: Anything But a Card
Make My Monday: Food and Drink

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

30 comments:

Jo said...

Love this Angela! what a great gift, sure to cheer anyone who is ill.
Jo (GD) xx

Kathy said...

This is the cutest Angela. Love the mug idea, I'm going to case this for sure. Great coloring and so clever.

Stephanie said...

Angela this is such a cute idea-so smart! Love it!

deesdesigns said...

What a great idea Angela! Almost makes me wish I was sick and get such a fabulous gift. Love the tag and those buttons are the perfect embellishment!

Julie said...

Adorable! Such a great idea!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a cute idea! sure to cheer up the receiver! :)

Anna R said...

Love, love, love this idea!!
That "tag" on the cup is just perfect.

Kayla said...

Wow! Such a sweet gift!

Marsha said...

What a great idea and so cute.

Unknown said...

What a great gift idea! I love the image on the front of the soup bowl! This is just super cute!!

Michelle said...

What a FUN idea Angela :) It is adorable!

NickScrapShack said...

Angela, what a great idea!!! Simply the perfect gift! Would anyone feel better....

Nick

Blue Kube said...

What a great idea! I feel better already! LOL. Very cute!

My Lil' Bits said...

What a great idea! That sure would've cheered me up last week when I was sick :)

Lisa C

Joanna M. said...

What a great idea! I really like the idea of cramming (I mean gently placing) all the sick stuff in a cup. Totally CASE-ing this one!

Lola said...

What a great gift idea and sweet image too!

Sarah P said...

I love the get well birdbrains image and the soup bowl is a great idea.

Sarah

Mel said...

Such a cute idea for a sick friend, your coloring is great!

Kelly L said...

Wow, such a sweet cup of goodies for a get well gift. I love it. I am sure a friend would too.

Sarah said...

Very cute idea and love the digi you used.

Intruderlady said...

Love this image and your project. Someone sick would feel much better after receiving this gift.

Hugs,
Kitty

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

What a lovely idea!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super fun project!!

Jessica G. said...

Love, love this care package mug, Angela! Such a thoughtful and fun gift -- the image is the perfect embellie!!

Parker said...

Wonderfully colored sick chick and great items inside the mug.

Jessi Fogan said...

This is a simply genius idea, Angela! I love it!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Lovely project. It would make anyone feel better.

Kathy D. said...

I love this! What a way to brighten someone's day when they feel icky. Love that you put it in a mug!

Anonymous said...

Great project! Perfect get well supplies!!
lyn

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Oh how I would love to receive this!!! (cough..cough) This is an amazing get well gift.