Thursday, September 23, 2010

CAS PTI Christmas


Hello! I recieved a box of PTI goodies last week and today I had the chance to sit down and play a bit. I was really excited to work with the new tree die! I combined 2 cards that Nichole Heady and Maile Belles had created for the last release and this is what I came up with. I like the non-traditional Christmas colors.
The card was very simple to put together. The pink layer has a bit of sponging and I ran the white layer through the Cuttlebug with the woodgrain impression plate (the tree trunk is impressed as well). I stitched the buttons in place before adhering the tree to the card and finished it off with a simple sentiment.
Sentiment: PTI Holiday Button Bits
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Simply Chartreuse, Hibiscus Burst, and Dark Chocolate
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette New Canvas
Embellies: PTI Buttons in Pure Poppy and Hibiscus Burst
Extras: PTI Woodgrain Impression Plate, PTI Simply Chartreuse Felt, PTI Tree Die, DMC Floss, SU! Corner Rounder Punch
That's all I have for now; I hope to be able to dig into that PTI box a bit more later....
Thanks for stopping by!
Angela

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oooh, very pretty! I love that felt tree and the woodgrain BG is perfect with it.

Larissa said...

Wow very pretty! Great colours and such a cute tree! Love the embossing.

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card, Angela! I've been admiring this die and you've used it perfectly!!

Kelli Hull said...

Oh How SWEET!!! I LOVE the color combo too... I am headed to the blog to find the color combo helper outter!!! Thanks so much for posting this... I'm a cheap skate... LOL I have a sizzix tree that I hope will look as good!!!! ;)

Kathy said...

Wow, beautiful colors you used. I resisted the die this month, but after seeing this card, I think it will make it's way here next month. Love the beautiful buttons as ornaments, just a great card!

Imke said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet !! Great colors and i like the tree die. It´s on my list ;-)