Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's Bellarific Friday...On a Sunday!

Good morning! I was so excited when I went to Blogabella and saw that Em was delaying Bellarific Friday! Yay, I had time to whip something up! Fortunately I found this card in my "to be finished later" bin...the image was colored, all the layers were cut, and all I had to do was add adhesive and embellish.... What could be easier than that?

The image is colored with my trusty Crayolas, the gold panel was run through the Cuttlebug, and I added a snippet of ribbon with a football brad. I wish all cards were completed so quickly; I will have to visit my "to be finished later" bin more often!

Image: Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and True Black, SU! Summer Sun
Embellies: Wrights Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Eyelet Outlet Football Brad
Extras: Crayola Colored Pencils, EK Success 3D Dots

The theme for Bellarific Friday this week was "Back to School". For me, this cheerleader image was perfect...back to school meant getting out my rockets and pom poms.... Back to school meant football cheerleading; I was also a basketball cheerleader, but there was nothing quite as exciting as the football season. The crisp, fall air; the excitement of a winning season. Back in the day, our school was a football powerhouse. We had so much fun! We had a great coach; we did lots of fun stunts, games and skits at our weekly pep rallys. For the home games we would paint a run through for the team and we would take turns hosting the other cheerleaders, on the squad, for supper before the game. We would work hours to perfect a dance routine that was presented at the Homecoming pep rally. We would also get corsages from the team for Homecoming; they were HUGE spider mums with ribbons dangling with football charms.... Yes, they were ugly! LOL We also had a "football buddy" and we would decorate their locker and leave them treats inside.... Yes, we would also sneak treats for ourselves too! LOL Anyway, this walk down memory lane was fun for me; those were good times!

I would love to hear what you remember about back to school...please share!

One lucky commenter (and contributer) will win Bella Bucks over at Blogabella, so stop over and check out all the goodies. You never know when you will be the lucky winner!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Angela

15 comments:

Banu said...

ooh lala...Beautiful card Angela. Loved the coloring.

Amy said...

Super cute! How lucky that the card was ready to be put together!

Theresa said...

Your card is fabulous!! I love the colors and that football is great. I haven't touched my Bella's in forever...I just might have to pull them out.

mickey70 said...

I am a teacher at my high school alma matta and this week was our biggest rivarly game and it was fun and bought back many memories and we went to game and after party and morning breakfast and found out time has caught up with us after 22 years, but it was fun and I love the card good memories.

Chris said...

cute, cute!! love the football!! great little touch!

Rebecca said...

This card is darling! Love the bright colors. And that football brad is awesome ;) It's fun to hear about your high school memories.

Imke said...

Angela, perfect image for this theme. I like the yellow and the football fits great !

Donelda said...

this is such a cheery card! Love it! I didn't really enjoy high school ... try to forget it!! LOL

Larissa said...

What a fun card! Love the football you added!

Jen said...

Very cute and love that it was all ready and waiting!

Jen said...

Very cute and love that it was all ready and waiting!

Jessica G. said...

The CB embossing is so perfect for this image and so is that football embellishmet! Awesome card for the Fall sport season!!

Kathy said...

Great card Angela. Love the clean crisp yellow, black and white combo. The embossing looks great and the football brad is the perfect embellie! I love fall and football games, but was never a cheerleader myself (not coordinated enough!).

Linda Palmer said...

This is so sweet. I haven't seen this image and it is so cute. I love the card, the image and the colors.

Anne Harada said...

This is so cool, and so smart! Love the football detail. Brilliant!