Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cookie Emma


Hello; happy Wednesday! How is your day going? I've had a nice, relaxing day. I always look forward to Wednesdays because of the SCS sketch challenge. I printed this sketch before I went to bed last night so I could sleep on it. I have to say that this one didn't turn out at all like I planned, but I had fun anyway!


I had planned to layer the image, but then realized she was sitting down. So...I decided to perch her on the center panel. After I glued her down, I realized the card was pretty bland and added some Bella Dots. Do you notice that there is not one by her head? There isn't enough room...it looked like an extra appendage and who wants one of those? LOL My original plan also was to use some ribbon too; I had a new idea I wanted to try, but will have to try it on another card later. So, what do you think? Should I have put a Bella Dot up by her head? What would you do? I learned a lesson...plan ahead! If I would have glued her down just a bit to the right, there would have been room....


Image: CC Designs Sugarplums "Cookie Emma"

Sentiment: Pink Cat Studio

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Black Marker, Sakura Black Gel Pen

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Dark Chocolate, and Simply Chartreuse, KI Memories DP

Embellies: KI Memories Rubber Sticker, Bella Dots

Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities


I am hoping to get a bit more time crafting today. Wednesday nights are "Wing Ding" at church, so I probably won't have to cook tonight. It is awesome to have someone do the cooking and clean up for me...what a treat! Plus, the kids are helping to serve this month.


Thanks for stopping by!


Angela

6 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card and image. Love the dp you used and like the way she is perched on the added piece of dp. Great coloring.

Amy said...

Very "sweet"!

Imke said...

Angela, this is such a cute card. I like as always the matching DP- Your coloring is great and the Cookie sticker is cool !!

Kathy said...

Love this! Such a great idea to use her as the rectangle panel. Love the patterned paper. And I think you were right on with the dots, she doesn't need one by her head, perfect the way it is.

Chris said...

love how you matched up the 2 panels! adorable card!

Larissa said...

Very cute! I love the design paper you used, it is so adorable.