Monday, April 3, 2017

FTHS April Blog Hop



Good morning! It's time for the April From the Heart Stamps Blog Hop...our theme this month is "I'm No Spring Chicken". I'm really feeling this theme...I just had a birthday! More about that later....

As you hop along, please leave a comment on each entry. One random commentor will be selected on each blog (and the FTHS blog!) to win their image of choice from the FTHS Store!

If you have arrived from From the Heart Stamps, you are in the right place; if not, why don't you start there so you don't miss anything?

Today I've used Bee Happy Birdbrain...the flowers just shout "Spring" to me!  She's colored with pencils...no glittery eyelids today, I didn't want the loose glitter sticking to the window panel! (I must confess it was really hard to step away from the glitter! LOL) I used the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday and made a shaker card filled with assorted sequins. I've used vellum for the panels (because I didn't want to cover up the pretty plaid paper!) and secured it with mini brads. There's just something fun about a shaker card...I need to make one more often!

Here's a close-up:


Image: From the Heart Stamps "Bee Happy Birdbrain" Digital Set
Ink: Printer, Signo Black Gel Pen
Paper: G.P. 110 CS, SU! Passion Pink CS, PTI Dark Chocolate CS, Doodlebug Patterned Paper, The Paper Studio Vellum, Acetate
Embellies: Assorted Sequins (Bunny Bytes Designs, Craft Medley, and Pretty Pink Posh), Spare Parts Mini Brads, Satin Ribbon (scrap from stash)
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Foam Tape

Now head on over to Brenda's to see her fabulous creation!

Our hop will end Sunday, April 9th at 6 a.m., and the winners will be announced Wednesday, April 13th.

Challenges entered:

613 Avenue Create: #196 Anything Goes/Optional Twist Anything Spring
Crafty Gals Corner: #116 Anything Goes
Pile It On!: #129 Interactive Card
Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Sketch #109 


Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

About the birthday.... I turned 50! A friend is a photographer and wanted to do a photo shoot; I wanted my kids to have a pretty picture of their mom, so I went for it. We had so much fun!  I learned about lighting, etc...photography is really interesting, I would love to take some classes. Here is one of my favorite shots:


44 comments:

Vivian Foo said...

Love your shaker card. And you look ravishing In that photo, Wow?!

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

I love your vibrant colors, and vellum.....and what a GORGEOUS lady you are! :-)

Cynthia said...

Adorable shaker card, Angela. You know BirdBrain is my favorite! Gorgeous birthday photo. :)

ginadapoohcards said...

I love the shaker card!

designbydonna said...

Love the shaker card. The vellum is a nice touch behind to image to soften the contrast.

Diane Louise J said...

Gorgeous card and very cute little bird and I love that you have made a shaker card,
Diane Louise x

Marsha said...

Cute shaker card. I can feel that I am no Spring chicken this Spring! Gardening takes much more effort than it used to.

Mimi's Craftroom said...

Love how you incorporated your image into a shaker card. Happy Birthday!

Joanna M. said...

You look STUNNING, Angela. I would never have guessed that you are 50. Love the shaker card (and thanks for joining in the fun over on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 challenge.)
jo

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Shaker cards are my favorite and yours is adorable!

Brenda G.

Gail Hutchinson said...

Wow I love ❤️ both - the shaker card and the photo

Dandi93 said...

What a fun shaker Angela and I love the color combo... Fabulous photo

Dandi93 said...

Oh Yeah, Happy Birthday :)

Elaine May said...

Love bird brain, lovely shaker card

Heide said...

Such a cute card, love that you turned the sketch into a shaker card. Great image and lovely papers. Thanks for joining us this sketch.
Happy birthday too! Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Kreaka said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the sequins that move around! I would be happy getting that in the mail (or anywhere). Happy Birthday

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love your gorgeous shaker card - so fun:)

Aunty Sue said...

Such a fab fun card great way to kick of the hop

Aunty Sue said...

Such a fab fun card great way to kick of the hop

Doni High said...

Love your shaker card! ...also love your new photo

Kathy said...

You are such a beauty. I love your new photo. Your card is totally adorable. Love the colors, the plaid and the shaker style. Beautifully done!

~ginny said...

Love your birthday photo Angela! And your shaker card is delightful with that great choice of sequins in there! Thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C: [ATG]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Rae Ann said...

Love the bright colors and the shaker element. The vellum was an awesome idea!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

Brenda said...

Angela, your card is adorable, but I love your photo! You look fabulous (and I pray you are beginning to feel fabulous)!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Absolutely adorable shaker card! I love your scalloped trim on the frame. Love your cheery colors too!
Judi SSW2

Donna said...

You look awesome! Certainly not 50 years young. Love your card too. Plaid is my favorite and it's a great color combination. Thanks for the inspiration!

In paper heaven said...

Love the bright bold colors you used on this adorable shaker card.

samanthadesigns said...

Love your shaker card. You nailed the sketch and I love that you turned into a shaker card. What a wonderful photo. Hope you Birthday was a blast!

Jo said...

Hello Beautiful!, i'm talking to you as well as your stunning card.
I hope you had a wonderful birthday, was it a typo? you sure you didn't turn 40? ;)
Jo xx

Lisa Stolp said...

Love the colors you used for your shaker card! It'seems adorable!

Kelly Schelske said...

Totally love this shaker card Angela!! BUT let's talk about that beautiful photo!! Wow, looking gorgeous!

Hugs,
Kelly

Oliev said...

Such a sweet shaker, love love your using of vellum.
And Happy Birthday, awesome photo!:-)

Jennifrann said...

Love the plaid on this super fun shaker card!

Unknown said...

Shaker cards are my favorite and i love this paper.. So cute!

Imke said...

Lovely Shaker Card, Angela. I totally like this Image - it is soooo cute.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

pst said...

Beautiful shaker card, I also love the use of the vellum.
Hugs, Petra

Kathy D. said...

Well you don't look 50! Wow!! You are very photogenic. Like how you used the vellum and love the shaker box!

Mel C said...

Love your shaker card, I never make those but should try! Beautiful coloring on your card, and awesome photo too!

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh wow! Too sweet and cute!!!

Denise Bryant said...

So cute! Love your fun shaker card! Great coloring!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Absolutely gorgeous shaker card!!! Love the colors and the beautiful design! I know a bit late... Happy Birthday!!! Your shot shoot picture is STUNNING!!! Jaw dropping gorgeous Angela!!!

Barb said...

Awesome shaker card--love the image!

Sarah said...

So very cute, great job, Sarah W

Sanderelli said...

Such a cute card. Perfect as a shaker card. You give "50" new meaning! Beautiful photo...beautiful lady.
Blessings.