Good morning! It's time for From the Heart Stamps November Blog Hop; our theme this month is "CAS and Over the Top"...hop along for some fabulous inspiration from the DT!
As you hop along, please leave a comment on each entry. One random commentor will be selected on each blog to win an image of choice from Faith's store.
If you have arrived from the From the Heart Stamps blog you are in the right place, if not why don't you start at the From the Heart Stamps blog so that you don't miss anything. We were challenged to make 2 cards this month...one "clean and simple" and the other "over the top". Here's my CAS card:
I choose one of Faith's adorable snowmen, Blowing Kisses, and used the sketch from the Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog. For my CAS version, I kept it really simple with clean lines, minimal layering, a touch of glitter on the red heart, and just a single snowflake for embellishing. Next up is my Over the Top card:
Here are the changes I have made for my Over the Top version:
1. Downsized the image and added a sentiment.
2. Printed an extra image so I could pop up the hat, gloves, nose and foot for added dimension.
3. Colored the hat and gloves a bit darker than the CAS version, to help balance the addition of the red.
3. In addition to glitter on the heart, I have added glitter to the hat and gloves. (I've used 3 kinds of glitter!)
4. I've added red to the aqua/white color scheme.
5. I've added another background layer, and matted all layers for definition.
6. I've added 2 extra snowflakes.
Here is a detail shot of the image panel:
Image: FTHS "Blowing Kisses" Digital Image
Paper: G.P. 110, Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury. PTI Pure Poppy, Lawn Fawn Patterned Paper
Embellies: Martha Stewart Glitters-Crystal Fine, "Sugar Cube", and "Candy Apple"
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Snowflake Dies, Foam Tape
Now head on over to Brenda's blog to check out her fabulous creation!
Thanks for hopping along with us today; the hop will end on Monday, November 9th at 6:00 a.m. Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps blog on Wednesday, November 11th.
A Snowflake's Promise: Christmas or Winter Theme
Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog: Sketch
Dream Valley Challenges: Use the Color Blue
Try it on Tuesday: Lots of Layers
Thank you for stopping by!