Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fancy Folds



Good morning!  It's time for another challenge from the Creative Card Crew team; this fortnight our sponsor is Stamp Fairy and our challenge is "Fancy Folds".  Today I am working with the Tommy Here Comes Santa collection...thank you, Gerda, for the adorable image!

I'll have to say that "fancy folds" threw me for a bit of a loop...I tend to be a  no-frills stamper and I knew I would need some help with this one.  I went to Splitcoast Stampers, found a tutorial for a "T-Slide Card", and went to work!  I found the instructions to be fairly easy to follow and it helped that there were pictures.  My photos don't show the folding/scoring involved, that part is behind the image panel.  Below you can see the card opened and completely closed.





Image/Sentiment: Stamp Fairy Digital Stamps 
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Fine Linen and Dark Chocolate, Crate Paper DP 
Ink: Printer, SU! Black Marker
Embellies: Bella Dots, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust"
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I hope you will head on over to CCC...I think my teamies have really outdone themselves with this challenge!  I'd love to see you play along...what "fancy fold" will you choose?

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

ABC Christmas Challenge: U for Up to You (anything goes)
Cards Galore: Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft: Pieced Off
Make It Monday: Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time: Use a Digi
Totally Papercrafts: Christmas

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

22 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Angela,love the image and fab papers.xxx

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous card Angela. Love the image, papers and brilliant design.
Hugs
Caz x

Basslady said...

hun, this is so lovely!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Jessi Fogan said...

Stamp Fairy is busy this week! How cute is this little Tommy? I love how you've coloured him & pieced the ornament! And HOLY MOLY does that fold look tricky - what a beautiful technique!

Faye said...

Hiya Angela. Glad our challenge at Cupcake this week tickled you! ;) It's lovely to see you there. And with a pretty scary looking fancy fold card. Scary in that OMG, I could never pull it off, not scary as in eurgh! I love your paper pieced baubel too. x

Marie said...

WOW Angela what a super fun fold for a card. The DP and image are FAB.

CraftyGirl said...

Love this! Such a fun fold. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

carol said...

super card, thanks for playing along with our challenge at TPC x carol

Melissa Craig said...

Adorable! Fantastic fold!

Imke said...

Wonderful fold card, Angela. You used my fav holiday paper. I love these bright and fun colors. Your paper piecing looks great !

Amy said...

Your card is FAB! SCS is a great resource isn't it.

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is great and I love the shape! Thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Angela. Love all the colourful papers and your fancy fold is great.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love those papers!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, love the fab design and great paper piecing...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
Helen x

Rebecca Hoy said...

Fab use of paper piecing. Thanks for playing along with Cupcake, Rebecca x

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you for playing with us at One Stitch at a Time Use a Digi challenge.
Hugs Nataliya

CG said...

Gorgeous card, and what a fun fold. Gotta try that. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week! Best, CG

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love the beautiful designer paper and cute image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week... :)

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully designed and your image is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Larissa said...

What a cute card! Love the model. The design papers are so cute.

Carissa said...

Such a wonderful creation. Wonderful technique for the pop up.
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa :)