Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

SC 303: Hiya Gorgeous

Hello and happy Wednesday! I made the time to participate in the SCS sketch challenge today; it felt so good to sit and make a card just for fun!

I am also entering this card in the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge #10, which was to make a Halloween card or gift packaging using ribbon.

I was out of town last weekend and had the opportunity to shop at three scrapbook stores; I found this paper and web ribbon, so I thought I would put them to good use. Have you ever heard of the girls' paperie? I think they must be fairly new. Anyway, they really have some pretty papers and embellishments.

I used a digital image from Pink Cat Studio; the sentiment is rubber. The image is colored with pencils and accented with a black gel pen. I used some black Bella Dots for embellishing, to mimic the dotted DP. I discovered that I could create a "photo corner" effect, which I thought was kind of fun.

Image: Pink Cat Studio Digi "Itty Bitty Betty Broom Ride"
Sentiment: Pink Cat Studio "Kiki Kitty Stamps" Set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Tangerine Tango, PTI True Black, The Girls' Paperie DP
Embellies: Black Web Ribbon (unknown source), Bella Dots
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots

I wanted to show you my first version of the card, too. I was done, but I was thinking it a bit bland. I really wasn't sure what else to do so I went ahead and photographed it. All of the sudden it occured to me that the white sentiment panel stuck out like a sore thumb. I got out my scalpel and did a bit of "surgery" to unglue the frog's leg from the white panel. I was amazed at the difference the addition of the orange sentiment panel made. After adding the orange panel, I was finally happy with the finished card.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Angela

9 comments:

Amy said...

What a darling image! Love the frog hanging off her broom. The black webbing and brads add so much!

Kathy said...

This is darling Angela, what a sweet image and sentiment. You are right the orange senti panel really just finishes it off. I love the Bella dot corner, too, clever idea. Did you say three scrapbook stores????!!! Wow, sounds like fun, glad you had a get away.

Chris said...

this is wicked cute!! love it!

Imke said...

Angela, sweet image and the frogs are too funny !!

Donelda said...

that is funky web ribbon, a perfect addition to your card. It was so cool that you showed us the first version of the card and you are right that the colored sentiment panel makes such a big difference!! wow.

Linda Palmer said...

I love your card. It is so cute and love all the embellishments and the webbing. Darling card.

Larissa said...

Hi Angela,

I am back home! I had a great time!! :)

Very cute card, my friend. I love these halloween images from Pink Petticoat! Love the papers you used and that spooky ribbon is so perfect for a halloween card! The ornage sentiment looks so much better than the white one.

Banu said...

WOW Angela, this card turned out jus awesome. Really neat.

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Adorable Halloween card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.