Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge



Good morning! It's time for another sketch from Melissa at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog. Our sponsor this week is Lexi's Doodles and the image I'm using today is "Butterscotch Cupcake Fairy". As soon as I saw her, I knew she was the one...I couldn't wait to glitter up her wings and who doesn't love a cupcake with fudge icing piled high?!
When I chose the image, I really wasn't keeping the sketch in mind.... I had to figure out how I was going to make her work; I finally decided to cut her out. I was thinking she would be easy to cut out, but it ended up taking me a good 20 minutes! Note to self: Things always take longer than you think!
I included a close-up of her face and wings so you could see a bit more detail. Isn't her face pretty? Also, I colored the wings with a bit of pink and orange and blended it into the white before adding the glitter. They are really pretty in real life!
Image: Lexi's Doodles
Sentiment: SU! "So Very"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Black Marker
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate, SU! Pumpkin Pie, My Mind's Eye DP
Embellies: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust", Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "AB"
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities
You can check out the Design Teams' creations at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog; links to the individual blogs are in my sidebar. I hope you will play along with us this week!
Thanks for stopping by; have a great week!
Angela

9 comments:

Imke said...

Anglea, she looks really pretty. I never thought about orange and pink together- it looks great !

Donelda said...

It might have taken a while to cut out but it was totally worth it!! Love all the glittery goodness ... and now I might have to bake chocolate cupcakes!!

Linda Palmer said...

This card is so sweet. I love the colors you used and it was I'm sure a lot of work to cut it out but it looks great. Fabuloua card.

Tamis Place said...

Wow!! Very nice work.

Visit us at tamisplace.com for any Swarovski Rhinestones you may need for fun projects like this.

Jessica G. said...

I almost chose this fairy image, too -- she's perfect for so many themes! Great combination of DPs (they coordinate beautifully with your blog background; popping the fairy off the image panel and placing the sentiment on one of the ovals are awesome spins on the sketch!!

Theresa said...

This is a wonderful card. That fairy is just beautiful. I love how you made her the size of the card. Very nice job.

Beverly G said...

Love your colors. Cutting seems to throw a lot of people, but you did a great job. Your whole design very effective.

Art Glitter said...

Great layering (is that a word?)! Thanks for the mention, you can find a link on our FaceBook Fan Club
info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104

Banu said...

Beautiful card!! Loved all the details Angela...Awesome.