Monday, June 21, 2010

Life: live like you mean it!

Good Monday morning! I'm so happy to have the day off, after working the weekend. I thought playing the CAS challenge from SCS would be a great way to start my day. I lucked out too, because today is a sketch challenge and that is my very favorite! Woo hoo!

This card is very CAS! I stamped the word "Life" 3 times without reinking the stamp, then used the sentiment from the set as a flower stem. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the flower. I colored the flower with Prismas and then decided I should stipple the panel. I have a cool tool for that; it's fun to use. I rounded the lower right corners of the card, image panel, and DPs to give the card a cohesive look. I also sponged the edges to define them; first I used the direct to paper technique and then sponged to soften it a bit. It's embellished simply with 1 brad! How easy! I think I may make some more....

Stamp set: SU! Live Like You Mean It
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber
Paper: PTI Kraft, G.P. 110, Basic Grey "Kioshi" Collection
Embellie: Spare Parts Brad
Extras" Prismas/Goo Gone, SU! Corner Rounder, Stippling Tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig,

I am really hoping to get some more stamping done today. I hope you'll be back tomorrow to check out this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge. I'll also have some news to share....

Thanks so much for stopping by! I encourage you to "live like you mean it"!

Angela

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! Fantastic card, Angela. And to think I just eBayed that set. I love this sketch and all the inked edges really add dimension. Nice job!

Banu said...

Angela, Awesome job on the sketch. Super cute card.

Imke said...

Adorable Card, Angela. I love everything, the paper, the sponged edges, the Layout- just LOVELY !!

Larissa said...

Wow Angela, this card is gorgeous! What a great idea to use the sentiment as stem, I do have to remember that! So I hope you don't mind that I am going to "borrow" your idea!