Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

4th of July Chickie




Hello there!  I have a simple card to share today...after seeing the CASE Study Challenge #145 I was inspired to play along and combined that sketch with some other challenges.

I used one the DeNami chicks...they are so cute and tiny...love them!  The chick is colored with pencils, die cut, and popped up for dimension.  Sentiment is from MFT and I've used star die cuts, Swarovski flatbacks, and twine for embellishing.

Image: DeNami Deisgns
Sentiment: MFT Pure Innocence Lady Liberty
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Pure Poppy, SU! Brilliant Blue, Doodlebug DP
Embellies: Devine Twine, Swarovski Flatback Crystals
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps: Pennants
Craftin Desert Divas: Red, White, Blue
Crafty Calendar: Things With Wings
Cut It Up: Red, White, Blue
Glitter n' Sparkle: Use 3 of Something (3 red stars)
Opus Gluei: Give Me Wings
Pink By Design: Red, White, Blue
Stampin For the Weekend: Cute
Use Your Stuff: Flag It

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

18 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Totally awesome!!

vicki said...

Lovely card and how cute is that image!!

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous card Angela. I really do love these little chicks.
Hugs
Caz x

Creative M said...

Such a Super Cute card!! Adorable image!
Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Basslady said...

hun, this is so brilliant and cute!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Karen said...

Very cute card! Love the image and background paper! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

craftymrs said...

What a sweet card! I love the patterned paper!
Thanks for crafting with us at Cut it up!

Linda Palmer said...

Another winner! Your card is darling and love the patriotic colors. Your cards are always great and fun. Love this one.

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,fab image and colours.xxx

Jessi Fogan said...

Adorable! I love the stars & gems scattered - and the star mat - and the CHICKIE :)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a cute chick waving her little flag! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Renee said...

What a darling card! I love the little chickie!

Robin Carroll said...

very cute! new follower - come visit me :)

Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's We hope that you will join us again for the next linky party!

Robin
Cut One Designs by Robin

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining in our "Things with Wings" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x

Rosemary said...

I always get a giggle when I read your sidebar about escaping monkeymania through art! LOL I believe you have played with us at Opus Gluei before, I'm really happy you returned.

What a gorgeous CAS card! I bow to you, it something I struggle with, and when I make one, it looks very um...simple to be kind. Yours pops with color, whimsy, and fun. It radiates a good time and who wouldn't love to get THAT in the mail?

Thank you so much for an inspired take on our WINGS theme, I hope Opus Gluei gets the benefit of you playing along with us on more challenges!

Christy said...

Love the stripes! :) :) THanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges. :)

Chris said...

very festive!!

Amy said...

Oh, wow, that teeny chick image is just too darling! Love the diagonal stripes too. Very nice!